Power Core 2 vs Turbine Core 2

Got questions? We got answers....
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Power Core 2 vs Turbine Core 2

Post by KDX220PHIL »

What is the difference in power when comparing the turbine core 2 to the power core 2. I understand the power core does not have a forestry approved spark arrester and may be louder??? Does it have more power? Any pro's or cons would be appreciated.
One more question, can the FMF Rev pipe be used with the factory silencer? if so, what are the disadvantages?
Thanks.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

The FMF can be used w/the stock silencer. As far as the difference, the only I have read or heard about is what you stated "I understand the power core does not have a forestry approved spark arrester"
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

There is one for sale on ebay, they list it as a turbine power core 2, pretty sure it is the power core 2 though. What i am really looking for is the fmf rev pipe and the seller is also selling this. Here in Canada i would pay a small fortune for these items, it is cheaper to buy from the US but then i have to pay incredible amounts for duty, shipping, and taxes (still cheaper than in Canada). Free trade my arse! Hopefully I win the rev pipe at a reasonable pipe and should be able to avoid duty and taxes. Glad to hear that i can use the rev pipe with my stock silencer until i can find a deal on a TC2.
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Second verse...same as the first....

Yes. You can use an FmF pipe with the stock silencer. I did.

Difference? Yes. No spark arrestor on the power core.

Louder? Probably.

More power? Probably...although I doubt it's something that you could feel or appreciate through performance increase. Just IMO.

I like the 'More sound, less ground!' idea. I will gladly give up some (theoretical or factual) power to keep the noise down. Some of the crap people ride (thinking they are SOOOoooo cool all the while) that hurts my ears (and I'm mostly deaf already!) frankly irritates the hell out of me.

Good luck!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
KDX220PHIL
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by KDX220PHIL »

I couldn't agree more. Thanks for the advice, I am def. not interested in the louder noise and think i will stick with the stock silencer.
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I have both the rev & TC2 and compared to stock it is a different sound, a bit louder, but not deafing. Sounds good, better than stock
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr