A word on manuals...

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

A word on manuals...

Post by Indawoods »

I have 2 manuals... one is a 95-97 and one is a 95-03

The 95-03 is much more thorough and provides better documentation and diagrams than the 95-97. After looking at the differences, I can't believe I got through all the stuff I did without having a ton of questions.

Anyone want to buy a 95-97 manual? :mrgreen:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Thats interesting. I wonder if when they brought the 220 over to the US they revised the manual?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Thanks for the tip Inda. My manual just says it's a '95. Part # on the back cover is 99924-1181-01.

What is the part # for the latest manual you have?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

m0rie, it may not be because of the 220 introduction. The eigth version came out very early this year. wsjkawasaki ordered an '07 version in February or March, and received the '08 version.

I'm just being sure, but you know about the 220 supplement manual, right? Again, just wanting to be sure.

If anyone is interested, check on buykawasaki.com, but not under manuals. Go to the parts diagrams and check the part numbers for "Publications". If you look at a few different years, I think it shows what manual version went with which years.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Mine covers years 95, 96, 97, 00, 01 and 02. Part No. 99924-1181-05.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

95-03 is part number 99924-1181-06
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Does it show the "correct" install for KIPS? mine is wrong.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Mine states " The right sub-valve has a groove and the right exhaust valve rod has an O-ring for identification. :mrgreen:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

In this 95-03 manual, there are supplements for the 00-01, 02-03 models that are specific to those models. Very odd if you ask me. I haven't done a comparision and doubt I will but just thought I would pass that part along also.... :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Mina also has the same suppliments. Suppliment 1. 2000-2001 & Suppliment 2. 2002

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

There are several KX and KDX manuals that have the supplemental sections for additional year changes in the back of the manual.
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

BUT ...the KDX was not supposed to have any changes except bold new graphics! THAT'S my point.... :?
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

It sounds like you believe everything you read on the Internet. :grin: There are some changes spread out through the years. It may be cheaper to add on to the manual than to rewrite a few sections.

I think the 10W-30, 10W-40 motor oil part is a difference in the early manuals vs. the late ones.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Mine states to use either 10w-30 and 10w-40.

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

There's a part in there with a recommendation based on temperature. That is updated from the earlier manual, I think. It says something about 10W-40 if it is 82 deggrees F or higher, something like that. Can someone check on that?
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Nope nothing in mine about temps.

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

It may be in only the latest version, or in versions newer than your manual. I know it is in the "-08" manual wsjkawasaki has.