more usd fun

Got questions? We got answers....
whc

more usd fun

Post by whc »

ok decided to start all over. 1993 kdx 200 with stock usd forks. took the forks off last night dumped the oil, reinstalled, put in 450 ml of 7 wt oil, pumped the forks to remove air, compressed forks oil over flowed, removed forks dumped oil, put in 350ml, reinstalled, pumped, measured, added about 10 more ml , oil about 90 c from top with forks compressed, and the rods and plastic spring guides in the forks, hopefully will put springs back in to night and button her back up. Do not have a manuel, but the 470 ml oil capacity appears to be too high. 450ml caused them to over flow when compressed. any one have a manuel to look at for the correct amount. or am I really losing my mind and over looking something. thanks Bill
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: more usd fun

Post by scheckaet »

you are over looking the fact that it takes a few pumps for the oil to go everywhere.
You need to add the full amount little by little.
whc

Post by whc »

I fully stroked the forks about 10 times and the first time i chaged the oil I let them set over night. with no noticeable oil hiegth change. I am checking the level again to night before I close them up. I am really curious as to the total amount the manufactor calls for. will up date tommorow if I notice a change in oil level after letting them set overnight. how many times would pumping the forms seem appropriate.
whc

Post by whc »

forks sat for 24 hours, pumped them some more no change in oil heitgh, closed them up. feel ok in garage, cant wait to ride. -12 yesterday am +13 this am 3 feet of snow.