Spooge Stock bike

Got questions? We got answers....
NewKDX

Spooge Stock bike

Post by NewKDX »

I have a 2005 all stock KDX 200. I run 32:1 as the manual says. When I rev the bike up I notice it spits oil out of the silencer. In order to not have any oil come out of the exhaust would I have to rejet the bike? It is 100% stock the jets should be fine right? There has to be something that I can adjust to fix this. I live in Iowa so altitude is not an issue, I have always ran Lucas Semi Synthetic 2 stroke oil.
spl383
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Spooge Stock bike

Post by spl383 »

I run amsoil INTERCEPTOR 2-Stroke Oil at 40:1. when I was running 32:1 belray I also had a lot of spooge. I would recommend the amsoil. It will also help to occasional get the oil out of the silencer, by removing the bolt on the bottom of the silencer.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

jet your bike. check sig for how to.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

scheckaet wrote:jet your bike. check sig for how to.
+10
It is the most given advice on this board for these bikes. Stock they are jetted VERY rich. Pick an oil, pick a ratio and then stick with them and jet your bike to it. If you change oils or ratios you'll want to run through the whole process again. It is easy to get a spooge free (or very nearly free since 2Ts are always going to a little) bike. The bonus is you gain valuable experience in how your bike works and what changes do what.
NewKDX

Post by NewKDX »

Thanks for all the advice, bufftester I also got my shock serviced it needed new seal. They even put nitrogen in it for me. :supz: