Sticky tire compound?

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Sticky tire compound?

Post by Indawoods »

Kenda has a sticky rubber compound they market, does anyone have any experience with it? As you know my $500 bike needs tires and I was thinking about trying their intermediate front and back...

Sticky compound offers soft and sticky rubber for improved traction everywhere.
Designed to meet the demands of intermediate terrains
New tread pattern for intermediate conditions
Triangular shaped knobs to reduce knob flex on hard base areas
New casing structure with reinforced sidewalls.

Kenda K775 Sticky Washougal Medium Terrain

And the Kenda K771 Sticky Millville Medium Terrain

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I have some good used tires I could send you. M12 front and M5B rear I think. I change tires pretty early in their life. I could take photos to send you.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

I have Kenda Millvilles front and back. Wear like iron, pretty good traction but I haven't tried enough tyres to really compare them to anything.

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Hell Jerry... you keep this up and the bike will be half yours! :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

i got the kenda millive, enduro type tire. It is pretty good, and get very god traction. Wear is normal, not to slow not to fast, although to get to the trails i ride on i have to go about .5 mile of road. I would say they are good for the $$
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

but what do i know, im only 15
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I've run the Kenda Southwicks and the Kenda Millvilles. Great tire, for a great price. The wear is well in pretty much every condition i've put them thru from High Desert Sand and Granite to Slick Northcoast Clay and they work like a charm. The Millville also works good on the front.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

But what about the STICKY compound? They make two different tire compounds so you can get them in sticky or regular....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I've never seen them listed as a sticky vs a regular compound...a linky please?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I'll be darn, I'm not sure what the difference would be. Maybe a softer compound in a medium to hard terrain tire pattern? Got me. I ordered a Millville rear tire from the local bike shop. I'll take a look at it next weekend and if its the sticky compound i'll compare it to my old millville that is not the sticky.

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Kenda Sticky Tires
Kenda’s latest contribution to the advancement of tire technology, specifically for the world of Motocross, has come to be known as Sticky Rubber. The exciting enhancement made to the rubber compound of Kenda’s tires will give you enhanced traction no matter what terrain you choose to ride on. Amongst it’s many attributes, the Sticky Rubber has the ability to warm up at very low temperatures. This translates into unbelievable control, stability and an overall improvement in performances. While other tires can cause you to slip & slide over the place, your Sticky Tires will make the competition eat your dust. You can even apply ice studs to these tires, making them the best choice for year round ridding. Kenda has launched the following tires with its new sticky compound; K774F Budds Creek Sticky, K775F The Washougal Sticky, K771 Millville Sticky, The K772 Carlsbad Sticky
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I just wonder if it will pick up and hold dirt... or is the sticky compound will act like a lubricant on slimy rocks or it actually will stick to them better.... I can't stand not knowing and they do not elaborate much on the compound... :evil:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

That little blurb makes me want to try one of the sticky compound millvilles. They are already a great tire. The sticky compound sounds like it makes a good thing even better. I'd get the sticky Inda and let us all know how it runs.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Sounds like the ticket... but what is real world experience? :hmm:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I bet it just lets the compound deform a little bit more than normal and that helps get a little better bite on the ground. One thing to note is that all the tires that they are offering with this sticky compound are intermediate and hard terrain tires. Not sure why that interesting but it has to mean something.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I'm gonna hafta try 'em... Damn it! :lol:

I don't ride mush much so they should do me rightous....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I can tell you I really like the Southwick and the Millville's that I've run in the past. If you shop around you should be able to get the Millville for $40. At that price I'd give it a try. On a spare bike its not going to get near the ride time that your KDX would get so even if it wears a little fast its still going to last a long time.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Spares sometimes turn into fulltime bikes....

For the price they sound like a great value! :grin:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Millville is Expected in stock Jan 6, 2006.... DAMN!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****