Question for Plated KDX Riders

Got questions? We got answers....
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

Post by Mayor Brap Brap »

I'm new to the two stroke world, so forgive my ignorance. When you're commuting, how do you deal with the oil ratio when filling up at a station? Do you just go by the gallon amount of gas you put in the tank and then calculate from there?
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Question for Plated KDX Riders

Post by frenche200 »

when i leave for long trips, I put the oil in a bottle of shampoo for 7 liters of gasoline, I put first oil in the tank and then add gasoline to make it blend well .. (I always put a little more oil than necessary in the bottle because it is never completely empty)
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
cornishwrecker220

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

My kdx runs 40.1 mix....that works out at 25ml of oil per litre of fuel I use. I carry a syringe (which has the markings starting from 0 to 25 ML ) along with my oil bottle & measure it accordingly for a perfect mix. :grin:
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

I did pretty much the same as frenche200. Carry a known volume of oil and add enough fuel to make the mix ratio you want . So for example if you're carrying an 8 oz bottle of oil, @ 32/1 mix ratio, that's enough for 2 gallons of fuel. Ten Oz would be enough for 2.5 gallons of fuel. Larger capacity, and/or near empty fuel tanks make this chore easier.