Rode the NEW bike for the first time today

Got questions? We got answers....
jerry malbeck

Post by jerry malbeck »

Im talking about the one i posted in members bike profile . This KDX is heavily modded , It Has the rev pipe , Stryker carb and RB head work (for plain fuel Not race gas) .
I had to post this for you guys on the fence . The guys i ride with have seen me on two diffrent KDX's In the last year , A stocker and another with suspension mods . They ride KTM 300, 250 Moto and Yamaha wr 250 as well as a Yamaha yz 250 4 stroke . This lil KDX put the hurt on the bigger bikes today, they were all scratching the old head when i took the lead and they had to ride hard to keep up . I felt really good to for once be able to pull away and smoke them with the lil green machine . I could not believe the diff. with the pipe, carb and head work . Ill soon be doing the same to my sons KDX as well . Todays ride was @ Juniper Forest in Eastern washington , Its cross country sage brush and some sand . If you would like to see the ground we ride you can Google Juniper Jockeys and you will get a feel for what we ride . My son (14) years old had uploaded some of our rides from last year, And will be uploading more from this year soon . Our loops are usually 25-30 miles . There is one that is really fun to watch called first crash of the year , He was riding a wr250 and weighs 100 LBS soaking wet so youll see the results , Its a good laugh . If your on the fence about making these mods and ride ground like ours GO FOR IT , you will not believe the diff. What a GREAT DAY !!!!!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Rode the NEW bike for the first time today

Post by 6 Riders »

Jerry, are you going to be at the Desert 100 this year?
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
SteveKDXPalmer

Post by SteveKDXPalmer »

Jerry,

Really happy you like the bike! It was a fun build and Ron Black does great work. Also wanted to say thanks to Vince (RIP) and other members on this site for there help. I miss the bike but happy it found a great home. Steve
jerry malbeck

Post by jerry malbeck »

Sorry for the late reply ( had the flu) last couple of days YUCK !!!
6 Riders yes we ride the 100 every year so keep in touch and we can meet up .
Steve, You did a awsome job on this bike . I was in love with it when i saw it , But once i had the chance to put it thru a day of riding im very impressed and happy you sold it to me . Ill take good care of your baby LOL.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

jerry malbeck wrote:Sorry for the late reply ( had the flu) last couple of days YUCK !!!
6 Riders yes we ride the 100 every year so keep in touch and we can meet up .
Steve, You did a awsome job on this bike . I was in love with it when i saw it , But once i had the chance to put it thru a day of riding im very impressed and happy you sold it to me . Ill take good care of your baby LOL.
1st, I can't believe that ANYBODY would sell such a nice DX!
2nd, I can't wait for the Dez, taking my wife for the first time.....I will be in a big blue van towing a big brown/copper trailer, I'll tell you my favorite camping spot in private.....I hate to give that up :snooty:
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Looks like I'll miss the D100 this year for the first time in many years. My usual riding buddy (dad) had knee replacement surgery this week so he's out, and just found out today that the opening round of the Enduro series this year is on the same weekend! Seriously, who schedules a race on the weekend of probably the biggest off road event in the NW? May try to make it out for the poker run on Saturday and then run back to the west side for the race on Sunday. Would be cool to get a KDX round up on Saturday afternoon over some beer and brats. :supz:
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Sorry to hear about your dad! :?
I'm not really a racer, so the poker run is what i go out to do, might actually race this year...IF I can get my bikes in order.
It's not the biggest MC event in the NW, it's the biggest motorcycle event in the WEST! Even poker racers should come out to see this! :lol:
jerry malbeck

Post by jerry malbeck »

Bufftester,Hey your dad might just fool ya , Old guys like us heal quick sometimes, And we still know how to use ducktape LOL . A KDX get together would be a really fun thing to do .I live about 1 1/2 hours from Odessa and as a fact used to do predator control work up in that area and for the King family as well .As the date gets close we really need to get together and plan sompthing . (Steve) the guy I bought the DX from also had a interest in coming over for the poker run this year . If the weather this year looks good for camping we might just make a few days of it .
If you guys are up for it ill share my email address and we can make some plans , Jerry .