Scheckaet, calling Scheckaet!!

Got questions? We got answers....
JasonK94Z

Post by JasonK94Z »

You've ridden out at Stanley.
Trying to decide which pipe for my 220. About to do the top end and all so may as well add a pipe. FMF woods or Pro Circuit Platinum II ? From the videos I've seen, looks like there are some places that require some over rev? Twisty and tight in most places though so a woods pipe would be good for torque.

So far I just ordered a helmet, chest protector, piston kit, uni filter, and boyesen power reeds. Keeping stock sized carb for now. I may ship my head off to have the quench adjusted. Fork and shock springs in a couple of weeks.
2002 KDX 220R
2003 KLR 650
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

Wow wow, hold on fella, can't call out ppl like that :lol:

If you want a torque monster and you're ok sacrificing (that even a word?) a lot of rev then go wood pipe.

Most put the rev pipe on their 220 since they suck so bad in the high rev, rpm drops really fast on the 220.
If it was me that's what I'd go with (rev), i think you'll be much happier in the end.

All of that depends on your riding style, skill level, fitness....
What ever you chose, the best thing you can do is jet your carb with that pipe. (i suggest you get smaller jets to test on hand for both pilot and main, 3 or 4 for each would cover it)

Drapper has a bit of everything, nothing so tight you need to be a mountain goat to survive and nothing so straight that you're pinned down in 6th and lookin for some more.

I can't say I do much riding above 4th with my 200...but maybe it's just me being old and skillless :lol:

I'm gonna try to go there this week end, let me know if you wanna meet.
scheckaet
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by scheckaet »

if you got the cash, I'd send the head to RB, let him work his magic.