Whats it worth

Got questions? We got answers....
emk

Whats it worth

Post by emk »

Whats everyone think a 92' 200 is worth? Pretty good shape, previous owner told me it was completely rebuilt. My son has a 2004 crf with a lot of mods done to it and this guy wants to trade straight up.
thebird_19

Re: Whats it worth

Post by thebird_19 »

Not nearly enough information given for anyone to give you an educated response. I'm assuming you mean a 92 kdx 200, but I don't know where you're located which will play a factor in how much it's worth. You also didn't mention what size crf your son has. I'm going to go out on a limb here though and say your crf is worth more just because of year, but without more info who could say. Look on KBB or Nada and see what the going rate is, that'll give you an idea.
DRoCksks

Whats it worth

Post by DRoCksks »

In my area, in winter time, the KDX is probably worth about $1000 to $1200. I've been searching a lot lately for MX bikes locally and I haven't seen a crf or anything similar for less than $2000 and that would be a pretty beat example. Location will change values but it also offsets some due to the number of bikes available. Nice "warm" winters like in the SE or SW (compared to Minnesota) makes for a slightly better market all year round.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

As much as I love a KDX and hate a 4 stroke Honda, that is probably not a good swap. If the KDX is pristine, and you can get about 500 in cash on top, maybe. On the other hand, the KDX will be a much cheaper ride to maintain for your son, but the CRF probably has more market value. Again, we don't know which CRF it is. There are several displacements available in the CRF line.
emk

Whats it worth

Post by emk »

Sorry for the lack of info, laid up in bed on meds. Blew my stinkin knee out on a quad. Run over my leg.

Its a 2004 crf150f and I'm in NJ.

To start it has the CR85 fork set up on it, BBR springs in the front forks (have stock springs also), 19" wheel up front, 16" wheel on rear, 175cc BBR big bore kit, Hot Cam stage 2, rockers, valves, machined (lightened) flywheel, BBR cdi, Renthal bars, Pro Circuit T4 Titanium head pipe and silencer, MX 51 tires, rear put on over the summer, IMS foot pegs, new Renthal grips, new white back fender, Moose bark busters. Bike will start first kick and run perfect.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Might be a fair trade if the KDX is in good condition. While the ergo's are pretty dated on the E series KDX (89-94), it's still an awesome bike. Should be up on power from the CRF if it's in good shape and tuned properly. The term "completely rebuilt" usually makes a bit leery, unless he has receipts for work done. Could mean anything, lol.
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

Your CRF is a pretty well set up bike. My wife rides an 06 150F and I a KDX, both E and H bikes. I'm not sure that I would trade straight across for an E series bike if it's in stock condition, as the KDX needs some improvements in the suspension. Don't get me wrong, I love my 94, but my 95 (H) is a lot better handling bike.
The KDX is going to have a bit more power and be sized for an adult, but at the same time I can take my wifes 150 out and have quiet a bit of fun on it, although I wouldn't want it to be my "primary" ride. See if you can buy the KDX for $900 to $1000 (if the condition is good/great) and enjoy having both bikes.....I am a firm believer that you can "never have enough bikes".
Your CRF is worth more than the KDX, but you have to find the right buyer, which could take months. IMO a 92 KDX isn't really worth much more than $900 in stock (or rebuilt to stock) condition. Where your CRF (if it's in good to great shape) is worth $1200-$1500, maybe, depending on your market, worth as much as $1500. Your call in the long run, but I still go for...Buy the KDX and if you really don't want the CRF, sell it at your leisure, giving you the ability to get more $$ out of it. OR better yet, keep it as a play ride!
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

^ I would agree with that.