Ha, thats funny

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Ha, thats funny

Post by Ryan »

well if you have read my previous thread on my new gasket kit i will tell you how its going. Well, its all going good, i got my two motor covers off on the clutch side. I figured since im replacing all the other gaskets that i should replace the gasket in the middle, the one for the crank. It says to do this some things have to be off. And you know how that goes, to do this i have to get the clutch off, to get the clutch off i have to get a flywheel holder to get the clutch off. The flywheel holder is $245. Ha im not paying that. I was thinking like $20. And there compessino tester is $150. Ha again. this is soo gay. How the heck am i gonna get my crank apart or should i just leave it, besides i really want to make sure everything is in tip top shape. Please help
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

I wouldn't mess with the case half gasket seal. That one isn't going to be a problem.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

do you think an car oil thingy would work>>?
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Let me re-state this. You do not need to split the cases. That seal is fine. The only reason to split the cases is to replace the crank. Its not something to do just because you have a gasket kit. Replace the rest of the gaskets and leave that one alone.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Allow me to say:

DO NOT split the cases. I can't even say that taking off the right side engine cover and clutch cover was a needed step. You may have been better off to get a top end only gasket kit. You could have saved some of your money and not fooled with the oterh stuff, besides the piston replacement steps, of course.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ok i wont split the cases but taking the right side off was easy, the gaskets only cost me $46 for thw whole thing anyway, and the kit came with seals so im happy. :mrgreen: