KDX carb setting

Got questions? We got answers....
ArkAngel

KDX carb setting

Post by ArkAngel »

Hi Guys,

I hope that you can help me with some questions that i might have (kdx 250).
I done a top end on my bike, new piston the works. Before it was having some problems starting.
Now it starts in 2 kicks but the low end is bogging (like no power) and the idle was out. So i wanted to do the jetting guide but i noticed that my bike does not have a idle screw (its taken out all together).
My mixture screw was also turned out 3 and 1/2 times screwed out and i know the manual says 1 and 1/2 turns out. i got new air filter and plug in. i also made my fuel 32:1 like the manual says.

But since putting the new idle screw and spring in it is struggling to start and i also tried to put the mixture screw to 1 and 1/2 and 2 screws out but still nothing? , does anyone have some suggestions for me? do you think i must start with a float check? The needle check?

Any help would be awesome. would love to start the bike in a few kicks like everyone else does.. lol

Thanks
KDX 200
KDX 250
TN Dirtrider

Re: KDX carb setting

Post by TN Dirtrider »

Would probably be helpful if you could list out what jets are currently in the bike. If you don't know the history of the bike, I would probably plan on replacing all the jets with new ones. A clogged up jet could certainly cause issues.
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

I dont know what jets are in the bike at the moment. is there anyway i can check?
KDX 200
KDX 250
TN Dirtrider

Post by TN Dirtrider »

Drain the fuel out of the bowl, remove the carb. Take the float bowl off and you would then have access to take out the jets and see what # they are.
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

Hi,

Main jet is *160 and pilot jet is *42. Does that help?
KDX 200
KDX 250
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

155 / 40 would probably be a good starting baseline. If the bike was idling without an idle screw present, something is amiss. You will need to follow the jetting guide. No shortcuts here!
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

I placed my orders for the pilot and main screw today.
People have also been speaking about replace the needle and getting a smaller slide?
KDX 200
KDX 250
ArkAngel

Post by ArkAngel »

Hi guys,

ok what i have done is installed a new main and poilot jet, new air filter and my spark plug is only a few hours old. i got the BR9ES spark plug in. I installed my new idle screw and spring.
The bike still will not start.. been kicking it for a while now and no luck. Im also running 32:1 fuel mix. My mixture screw is also 1 and 1/2 turns out. I have also checked that my spark plug is making a spark when i kick.

The funny thing is the bike did start when i installed a new piston, but the idle was out a lot.. so now since i got the idle screw in it does not want to start.. i cant figure it out.. HAHAHA

Any help would be great. I don't know what i am missing?
KDX 200
KDX 250