Klx rotor guard

Got questions? We got answers....
nightfiref7efi
Supporting Member

Klx rotor guard

Post by nightfiref7efi »

I amin the process of doing the klx fork conversion and was wondering what peo ple are using for a front rotor guard?
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Klx rotor guard

Post by 6 Riders »

Just do wheelies everywhere, then you don't need a guard :lol:
Are you looking for an aluminum guard or the stock plastic?
What year KLX forks?
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
nightfiref7efi
Supporting Member

Post by nightfiref7efi »

plastic, 2001 I ride single track hard to wheelie everywhere. Haha
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

I couldn't find anything.....I have a Devol front disk guard for my 95, but I don't use it. Not real rocky (big uns anyways) around here, so I never found the need for a disk guard. My 94 came with the stock plastic disk guard, I doubt that it would protect the rotor much in a hard hit.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
vlxk98

Klx rotor guard

Post by vlxk98 »

I recently swapped into a KLX fork. I have only been on one ride but I could tell a difference in steering precision right away and less deflection. I was disappointed in the UFO fork guards because they scuffed up pretty bad in the mud. I haven't tried very hard to clean them up but the scuffs are stained from the red clay we were riding in.

User Actionman did a KLX swap not too long ago. The pictures he posted showed a rotor guard on his bike. I think the most recent post is titled "97 RM any good?" I believe he has since traded his KDX for the RM. He might have kept some parts or be able to tell you/us (I would be interested in one too) what brand and application he had.

Good luck with the fork swap, in my experience it was very easy. The only issue I had was the steering stop. The KLX forks will probably hit your fuel tank ever so slightly in a full lock turn or wreck. I added a piece of aluminum over the stop on the frame to keep the forks off the tank. Other people have drilled the stops on the lower clamp and added a screw, that looks pretty clean to me, I went with an easier fix for me.

One other thing, I replaced the seals and wipers on the KLX forks and the new seals have incredible stiction (sp). They loosened some during the first ride and today I could feel a little difference when I was riding around in the back yard after a trans oil change.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Klx rotor guard

Post by Actionman »

The rotor guard I used was a ufo brand for the stock kdx fork. I used a dremel to trim it to fit the Klx fork. Mine was for looks only, but a better job of test fitting before you committ to the cutting and you can make it more functional.
2002 KDX 200