FMF Gnarly woods pipe- did I choose correctly?

Got questions? We got answers....
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

Browsed for a pipe for my 02 200 on eBay and found a new fmf gnarly woods for $190.00 free shipping. I wanted the pro circuit pipe but it was $50 more so I got the gnarly. Is it much improvement over stock? I know I'll have to juggle my jetting to get full benefits, but is it a noticibly better spread of power? How much lighter is it then stock?
2002 KDX 200
ecojbr
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: FMF Gnarly woods pipe- did I choose correctly?

Post by ecojbr »

Tons lighter and tons better. You made wise choice!!
04 kx220 hybrid
03 kx 250
05 kdx 200
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

ecojbr wrote:Tons lighter and tons better. You made wise choice!!
Good news! I almost changed my order to a desert pipe. I'm looking for snappy, instant torque type of delivery. I'd assume the woods pipe is the ticket for me.
2002 KDX 200
jerry malbeck

Post by jerry malbeck »

The Gnarly will give you what you are looking for. Perfect for the low end grunt and not all that bad for top end either . When you get it jetted right your going to love the pipe and they are nice and shiney tooo!!!! LOL.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

jerry malbeck wrote:The Gnarly will give you what you are looking for. Perfect for the low end grunt and not all that bad for top end either . When you get it jetted right your going to love the pipe and they are nice and shiney tooo!!!! LOL.
Awesome! I completely gave up on the "woods bike" aspect of the kdx and I'm turning it into a pretend mx bike lol. Selling my lighting equipment, dropping unnecessary weight, and trying to accentuate the low to mid for snappy power. I know most mx bikes are mid to top power, but I'll still be woods riding occasionally so I'm staying true to at least that aspect. There's section at the abandoned strip mine I ride at that is a natural supercross track in a sense. It winds around trees and has numerous jumps as well as a small double( sized for maybe superminis) that I can't wait to ride. I can't do too much til I stiffen my springs though!
2002 KDX 200
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

Post by Mayor Brap Brap »

Would you happen to be selling this part that I desperately need?

vlxk98

Post by vlxk98 »

I think I may still have the headlight harness off of my '95.

I won't be home until Friday evening, I'll try to find it then.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

Mayor Brap Brap wrote:Would you happen to be selling this part that I desperately need?

I'm 99% sure I heave the plug part for the light but I snipped the wires off it. If I've got it u can have it free you'll just need to solder some wires to it.
2002 KDX 200
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

vlxk98 wrote:I think I may still have the headlight harness off of my '95.

I won't be home until Friday evening, I'll try to find it then.
That would be amazing! I'll be gone Friday as well, so no rush. Thank you.

Action--unfortunately I need the whole shebang in the picture. Thank you for offering, though.
vlxk98

Post by vlxk98 »

Ok Mayor, I have the harness you need. It is in the same condition as the one pictured. You need it, I have it, what's it worth to you???? :wink:

Email your address to me at kedens@redneck-trailer.com and I'll send it to you. Just kidding about the what's it worth to you! Glad to help you out :grin:
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

vlxk98 wrote:Ok Mayor, I have the harness you need. It is in the same condition as the one pictured. You need it, I have it, what's it worth to you???? :wink:

Email your address to me at kedens@redneck-trailer.com and I'll send it to you. Just kidding about the what's it worth to you! Glad to help you out :grin:
You are a life saver! Thank you! I have literally been scouring eBay for one that isn't $40. Seriously, I'll pay if you want. I also have some parts laying around, including a nice grip collection. Will email... :partyman: