Anyone know anything about a vforce2 cage?

Got questions? We got answers....
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Yeah...just a little ;)

The best bang for the buck is probably reeds. I think a spacer is a waste of time on a 220. The best total improvement is a good reed system.

...and then Jason has to go and muddy things all up with airbox lid stuff...... :?

Hey! Have you reconfigured your cylinder head yet? :shock:

Speaking of higher compression....some old CR500s were something like 10.5:1!!! Holy Cow!! There's a leg breaker!!!

...sorry...got off track.........so shoot me. :lol:

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

my lid has like 10 bizzilion 1/4 in holes and i just took off the snorkel but i have not tested the bike without the snorkel. I am stuck on them reeds cause they seem like the best bang for the buck cause everyone is saying not to get the dfv2 cage.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

That's good to hear on the airbox lid. Many people do that. You may want to just get the reeds, and if you think they aren't that great, then whenever they get worn out, try something different.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

well i would do that but im not sure if it is worth spending $60 on the dfv2 or getting the carbon reeds for $55. Also, do i have to rejjet for these upgrades.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I don't have either, but if I could get a new DF2 for only $5 more, I would definitely try it. Most folks' reports stated they love or loved theirs.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ya i may try it. now all i got to but is a kx front end and a piston kit. Then im all set!!! :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

It's a dirt bike. You will never be all set. There will always be something you want to change or improve.

If you have not changed to a non-OEM piston, then you may want to do that first. I doubt a DF2, carbon reeds, fresh shock oil, KX front end, etc. will keep the piston fairy from showing up.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

yup thats what i want beofre i get all that other stuff. I think the kx front end will be next years savings. Im good for now. thanks for your help man. O could you pm me a price on refilling my rear shock with nitrogen and stuff like that. and can i change out the oil myself or should you do it?? i got a manual but im sure you know better than book. thanks
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Hi. From all the horror stories I have read in the last 3+ years, I think the piston just HAS to be on the top of the list, unfortunately. :sad:

I'll send you a PM on shock service. Thanks.
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Get thee DF2-3 for fuggs ache. :rolleyes: Forget the carbon reeds.

The DF is much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much, much

BETTER !!!!!

Have you bought it yet ???

Well go on, go get it....

Got the point ?????? :mrgreen:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Hey Trev I'm still a little unclear about the DF2/3 and it being better than the carbon fiber reeds. Can you run it by me one more time? :roll: :rolleyes: :partyman:
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

:butthead: :butthead: :shock:

Clear enuf for ya..... :lol: :lol: :partyman:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Mr. Wibbens
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Mr. Wibbens »

Supposedly the Power reeds are better or longer lasting than the carbon ones

I don't know how long Jerry ran 'em before he gave them to me but I've been running them for a couple years now at least!

If anybody wants an ill fitting DF2 just show up at Ghost and Goblins and you can have it
Warning! This member tends to use sarcasm as a regular form of communication. If a post seems offensive, before you panic and fly off the handle, re-read the post and imagine it being said with a sideways grin.
((Bike Profile))
((Pics))
FIVE OUT OF FOUR PEOPLE DONUT UNDERSTAND FRACTIONS
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

so your saying get the df2??
IdahoCharley
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by IdahoCharley »

what do spacers do then??

Increase crankcase volume slightly, increase the length of the intake tract, and most importantly set the reed cage back from intake restrictions in the cylinder. Since the KDXs don't really need any of the aforementioned corrections the spacers - do take money out of your pocket which could be used for necessary/wanted upgrades.
KTM 380EXC Mine
KDX 200 Mark's
TTR 125 L Wife's
KDX 200 Austin's
EC 300 Tyson's
WR430 Husky - mine
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I don't think there's room for a spacer. The carb already has to bend the cable input to fit.

Wib, your ghosts and goblins link needs updating. Those are last year's dates? Is it worth coming up for?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Cable input issue is a frame interference problem only....
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
m0rie wrote:Hey Trev I'm still a little unclear about the DF2/3 and it being better than the carbon fiber reeds. Can you run it by me one more time? :roll: :rolleyes: :partyman:
Me too Trev. Help this old special ed case :prayer: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :twisted:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

hey man im not old, im young...... hmm, this is way easier to get flamed but o well. :prayer:
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

I was talking about me :rolleyes:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr