Reeds?

Got questions? We got answers....
TN Dirtrider

Reeds?

Post by TN Dirtrider »

Took the carb off my "new to me" 00 KDX 200 today to see what jets it had in it, and to hopefully correct a fuel drip issue. Went ahead and pulled out the reeds to check them out. They look really good to me, but I'm not expert. Also, I'm curious if these look like stock reeds or aftermarket? Never seen any KDX reeds before so I wasn't sure. They kinda look like Boyesens to me, from the pictures I've seen.

Looks like I've got some re-jetting to do as well. It has 45/160 in it right now. Haven't really ridden the bike yet, so I'll do that as soon as the weather warms up enough and see how it runs, but from what I've read it seems that a jetting change will likely be needed. Bike has an FMF Burly pipe and a silencer that came from "who knows where".
sarrant

Re: Reeds?

Post by sarrant »

Those are definitely dual stage aftermarket reeds, probably Boyesen.
KDXrider1989

Post by KDXrider1989 »

be sure to check that no light is seen through the mating surfaces of the reed petals. if so, flip 'em
ICRage42
Supporting Member

Reeds?

Post by ICRage42 »

Yea those look like my boyesen. Boysesen power reeds if I can remember correct. They are not bad.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
TN Dirtrider

Post by TN Dirtrider »

KDXrider1989 wrote:be sure to check that no light is seen through the mating surfaces of the reed petals. if so, flip 'em
I held them up to the light in my garage from every angle I could come up with and didn't see any light coming through. With the lack of corrosion on the bolt heads and such they look to me like they are pretty new.

Thanks!