New found respect for the KDX

Got questions? We got answers....
factoryX

Post by factoryX »

I always thought it was purely the trail bike, but my god. Its a weapon, even with its puny suspension. I was sliding into berms, hitting deep whoops 4th pinned, and even managed a 40ft double(Don't ask). Had more fun on this bike than I have on the YZ for the last 2 years. Should of gone with the hybrid ha.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: New found respect for the KDX

Post by Actionman »

At least put a set of usd forks on it! That makes it feel and steer like a different animal.
2002 KDX 200
kdxtreme
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kdxtreme »

Hybrid it you won't be disappointed .
Did I say riding?
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

kdxtreme wrote:Hybrid it you won't be disappointed .
That would be the ideal solution! In leiu of that, you can get klx300 forks and clamp for about $150 complete on ebay; get those, install, and enjoy. I'd recommend getting Klx forks as cheap as you can then also buying kx250 forks and clamp and hsving the kdx stem pressed in, that way you won't have any downtime. When the kx forks are ready, install the kx forks and I'll just about guarantee you'll get back your money by selling the klx300 forks. I'm so happy with mine! It makes the stodgy old kdx chassis feel pretty damned great on the trails! Do like I did and shave as much weight as you can off the bike and you may not even need a hybrid! The kdx is a great trail bike, but new forks, proper springs for your weight, and a little more power uncovers the really, really phenominal all around bike that it truly is!
2002 KDX 200
factoryX

Re: New found respect for the KDX

Post by factoryX »

I have a set of 46mm KYB's in the garage for it right now :boogie: , just haven't got around to it yet(Still have to finish my fork swap on my YZ250).