RAD MFG wheels?

Got questions? We got answers....
whos that
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

RAD MFG wheels?

Post by whos that »

http://www.radmfg.com/RAD-Rear-Wheel-Ki ... 00250r.htm
Has anybody had experience with these? I have a broken rear hub on my 1996 and I do not know of anywhere else that makes aftermarket hubs for our bikes.

If anyone has a stock one in good shape, I have $$ ready
I could also use a service manual.
Thanks!
-Pat
ICRage42
Supporting Member

RAD MFG wheels?

Post by ICRage42 »

Thats dam pricey and if your not sponsored or worry about your mashed tators count then its not needed.

I would just pick up a used rim off of ebay or see if someone has one here. Thats what I did. I broke my hub when removing bearing. I pulled the c clip but however a piece stuck in and rusted there. Drove bearing out with piece of hub. Hub was trashed and pretty much had to buy a whole tire for the hub.

Theres several here thats posted full kdx part outs that youll be able to find one here.

Most dont part out with a spare rear wheel. Most cases it gets a different tire mounted for other riding conditions. Winter riding with spikes etc.

If your not aggressively competing I would say its overkill and if you ever go to sell the kdx youll never get your money back for doing it.
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

RAD MFG wheels?

Post by bufftester »

ICRage42 wrote:...I would just pick up a used rim off of ebay or see if someone has one here...
+1 You can find OEM rims on Ebay fairly cheap. You can use a 19" KX wheel (with the KDX spacers), or take the hub off a 19" KX and lace it to an 18" rim if you cant find a whole KDX wheel assembly
whos that
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

RAD MFG wheels?

Post by whos that »

Thanks guys, I appreciate the info.
Kdxkato

Re: RAD MFG wheels?

Post by Kdxkato »

Does anyboby know if a kx 125 hub would fit a 96 kdx200. Looking to get new aftermarket and cant find a manufacturer
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

What year? Anything newer than mid 90s not without lots of work, the axles are different sizes (KX axles are larger in diameter).
Tyl3r
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by Tyl3r »

I have an H-series hub in good shape if you are interested in it. I can send you pics after work. Shoot me a PM
05 KX220 Hybrid all decked out