HAs anyone ever replaced the linkage bearings?

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

HAs anyone ever replaced the linkage bearings?

Post by Ryan »

just wondering if anyone has replaced them and how long you had them before you bought new ones, although it will clost me $75 i was wondering if it is worth it? thanks
JD

Post by JD »

I'm on my third shock bottom bearing in 12 months. Haven't had to replace any of the other bearings yet. But it definately is worth it, you don't want to toast that rocker arm... it'll cost a little more than $75 to replace.

Use a good quality grease too. Bel Ray waterproof is what I am using now. I had some auto store grease and it just didn't do the job.
'04 200
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

Do they need to be replaced?
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

well, i looked at them and i cant tell for the life of me if they need replacing, they roll good and they spin good, the rear shock bottom bearing is strangly completly rusted out. I never even noticed while riding. Also one side of my swing arm needs new bearings. SO i guess im gonna get both. Is it worth it to just buy kawasaki bearings or should i go pivot works. Also should i replace the linkage bearings, cause im nto sure if it is worth it. $75 is alot of money. Also has anyone heard of moose bearings, I can get the swingarm and linkage bearing kit for $85. To buy this from pivot works is like $75 plus whatever the swingarm bearings cost. So right now i definatley need new shock bearings, and swingarm bearins, but is it worth spending the extra to place the pivot bearings while im at it?? thanks
quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by quailchaser »

Your call on changing them out. :wink: Was there any "play" in the suspension prior to your tear down? I had some up and down play in the linkage. I choose to replace all of the suspension bearings at the same time. I used the "Moose" bearings. Everything is tight now! :mrgreen: I haven't heard of any issues with the "Moose" bearings.

Also, the "Moose" linkage kit comes with the lower shock bearing (upper is a bushing). "Pivot Works" has separate shock and linkage kits. For both "Moose" and "Pivot Works" there will be a linkage kit and a swing arm kit. Each kit is sold separate! :?
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC