Handelbar setup

Got questions? We got answers....
NewKDX

Handelbar setup

Post by NewKDX »

Ok so I want to change the bar clamps and bars to over sized bars 1 1/8. What should I purchase what I really want is bar clamps that have removable Dbolts because I bent the stock ones and you have to buy a whole new clamp because the bolt isn't removable. Other than that I am open to any brand and price.
jeeptech1

Handelbar setup

Post by jeeptech1 »

I run the pro taper oversized bar mounts with replaceable d bolts. They are 40$ and are beefy. Work awesome.
NewKDX

Re: Handelbar setup

Post by NewKDX »

The universal mounts and your triple clamp is stock right?
jeeptech1

Handelbar setup

Post by jeeptech1 »

Nah, I have a kx125 front end but they fit the kdx too. Basically you buy the pro taper 1 1/8" universal bar mounts(not the type that bolt onto the factory bar mounts, the kind that replace them and bolt into the triple clamp rubber mounts). And then bolt in your new 1 1/8" bars.
NewKDX

Post by NewKDX »

So for my stock triple clamp I would have to purchase these bar mounts. http://www.jcmotors.com/pro-taper-unive ... it-31987-p

Then if I bend a D-bolt I would have to purchase these in order to fix it?

http://www.chaparral-racing.com/Product ... -2885.aspx

Basically Everything on my bike is 100% Stock what I want to know for sure is that the bar clamps will fit exactly to the triple clamp.
jeeptech1

Post by jeeptech1 »

yes on both. the protaper d bolts are much stouter than the stockers so doubtful you bend them unless you are constantly trying to superman into the trees! while your at it you might as well replace the rubber cones in the triple clamp that they bolt through(2 for each d bolt). I use ones from a 01 Honda cr250 because they are made from a little harder material. usually cost 16$ish for all 4.
NewKDX

Post by NewKDX »

Ok thanks this has been a lot of help. :supz: