Strange dirt bike noise

Post by NewKDX »

Does this sound normal?

KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Strange dirt bike noise

Post by KDXGarage »

Have you checked the linkage ad swingarm bearings?
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Marky360

Post by Marky360 »

It's the shock topping out give it more compression say 6 clicks and slow the rebound down by 5 if that doesn't work service the shock
adam728
Supporting Member

Post by adam728 »

Just as was said in your other thread, that shock needs service. Theres clearly no damping.

Sent via morse code
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by s10gto »

I agree. Sounds like the piston in the shock slamming the end of the compression tube. Nice bike though. :grin:
cornishwrecker220

Strange dirt bike noise

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

Sounds to me like that shock has blown its guts.....there`s no rebound damping on it at all, no sag either & no comp !

Watch the part where he jumps off the bike ..the rear end flicks straight up ..also when it goes back onto the stand! :hmm:
adam728
Supporting Member

Post by adam728 »

cornishwrecker220 wrote:Sounds to me like that shock has blown its guts.....there`s no rebound damping on it at all, no sag either & no comp !

Watch the part where he jumps off the bike ..the rear end flicks straight up ..also when it goes back onto the stand! :hmm:
He was told this in his other thread on the same subject. Seems to be waiting to hear what he wants to hear though.

Sent via morse code
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Yeah, this has been covered pretty thoroughly, and he still hasn't answered some basic questions about his "new" shock and servicing, etc.
adam728 wrote:He was told this in his other thread on the same subject. Seems to be waiting to hear what he wants to hear though.
It's fine, no problem, just go ride it out...... :doh:
NewKDX

Post by NewKDX »

The shock hasn't been serviced and there isn't any hydrogen in the reservoir. I have only rode the bike about a years worth. The story about the bike is that it was bought by another guy way back in 2005 as a new bike. He rode the bike for about a month took it back to the dealer and it sat from 2005 to 2012. That's when I come along and purchase my first dirt bike. So that is what I mean by the shock is new, it hasn't hardly been used. Plus since I am a new rider I am not very hard on the bike. Meaning I don't ride the bike to its limits. Also where could I purchase some Hydrogen for my shock?
Goofaroo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Goofaroo »

It doesn't need hydrogen, it needs nitrogen. However, that won't solve the problem. The problem is that the shock needs to be completely full of suspension fluid with absolutely no air in the system. Your shock seal has probably allowed the fluid to leak out and that is why you have no damping and your rear suspension is now acting like a pogo stick. The ONLY fix is to remove the shock and have it serviced. The bike is not rideable in it's current condition.
adam728
Supporting Member

Post by adam728 »

You will blow up if you put hydrogen in the shock. Nitrogen is used.

If it has no pressure that is probably your problem. The seal head could be sliding into the body, then slamming back on the snap ring. No oil is really displaced through the valving, therefore no damping.

A quick teat would be to put pressure from your compressor on it. 140 psi would be great, but even 60-80 psi would suffice for a test.

Sent via morse code
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

I strongly recommend you to remove the shock and get it serviced as soon as you can and avoid messing with it. Don't try to do it yourself because you can damage the internals of the shock or what is worst you can get badly injured during a test ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
NewKDX

Post by NewKDX »

Ok sounds good I will have it serviced
frenche200
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Strange dirt bike noise

Post by frenche200 »

excuse me I'm off topic, but where have you find your shrouds stickers?
i'm French and I don't speak English very well, so, please, excuse me :)
adam728
Supporting Member

Post by adam728 »

Postigo wrote:I strongly recommend you to remove the shock and get it serviced as soon as you can and avoid messing with it. Don't try to do it yourself because you can damage the internals of the shock or what is worst you can get badly injured during a test ride.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
If one is careful and diligent you can easily service a shock yourself at home. I have done it dozens of times doing revalves. Charging it is the hard part.

Sent via morse code