fork base valve?

Got questions? We got answers....
Matt-itude

fork base valve?

Post by Matt-itude »

OK the question mark is because I am not sure that is what it is called. It is the aluminum comp adj housing that goes in the bottom of my forks (03 kdx 200) I broke it and need to find one but am short on cash right now so I would love to find a used one. I have been searching the web but cant find anywhere to get a used one. Are there other bikes besides the kdx that use the exact fork that I could use the valve from and just transfer my shim stack and the rest of the small parts to. also if that is the case will the comp. adjuster work the same? susp. is not my strong point (obviously) thanks in advance everyone!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Well... you could call Fredette and see if he has one for cheap or eBay and just get an entire set of complete forks for cheap.... I don't think there are any forks or parts for that matter that will interchange with KDX forks. I think you are talking about the Base Valve.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

Sounds like a base valve to me, too.

How is it broken?

Yup...I'd agree also that Fredette is the best option. Still...not a great option. Even when revalving the forks...you keep the original hardware..just replace the stuff bolted to it.

I'm saying that there is not likely a bunch of 'em sitting around.

But...you only need one!! ;)

Good Luck!!

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!
canyncarvr
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by canyncarvr »

So...what's the update?

Get it taken care of?

Kdxdoc do you up right? (Mr. Fredette)

Consider the source
Using a perceived level of knowledge to boost my self worth.
Non impediti ratione cogitationis

bike profile: !clicky!