New Brake's ??

Got questions? We got answers....
kdx2oo

New Brake's ??

Post by kdx2oo »

What kind of brakes would you recommend ? I've heard good things about EBC brakes.... but I am pretty hard on brakes and I have tried trees they don't work out as nicely tho, but they will stop you and your bike guaranteed. :lol:
Living the good life :)
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: New Brake's ??

Post by bufftester »

I've used EBC and have had no problems, also have used wave rotors. They are all about the same really as long as you keep up on the routine maintenance
kdx2oo

New Brake's ??

Post by kdx2oo »

ok Thank you i just didnt want to pay extra for EBC brakes if they werent worth it but thank you again. :supz:
Living the good life :)
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

New Brake's ??

Post by SS109 »

I have run factory and EBC. Factory seems to last longer but aren't cheap. EBC's work good but tend to make more noise and have less life. That said, I have no problem running EBC's in the future.
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

You'll laugh, but I bought a front/rear set on eBay for $12 that are pretty damned good pads. I'm sure the lifespan won't be much, but they work excellently if you're just needing a decent set to last a couple months. I've ran em through mud bogs every time I've ridden since I put em on and they still look fine plus the don't lose grip when wet or muddy.
2002 KDX 200
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

I was talking about rotors, as SS109 was too I assume. Agree that the stock rotors last forever, though don't seem to be as consistent as the EBCs or Waves and cost a ridiculous amount for OEM items. As for pads I have used EBC, OEM, and Ebay cheapies all with equal success. But I also like to change the pads out annually (overkill that goes along with my bearing fetish that has me changing them annually as well lol)
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

RMATV sells wave rotors Tusk brand, pretty thick and nice looking. Put one on my E (for E's they are $60.) a while back, so far so good.
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type