What The BomShakalak! Please identify TQ

Got questions? We got answers....
Team Green Asia

Post by Team Green Asia »

Hello fellow Kdxes!

Have been a forum troll here for ages and finally my first post

Do anyone know what the nipples is for? Its the Rare TM Mikuni 30mm only made for the Yamaha Wr200 in 92/96

She runs perfect in my E6 94 jetted nicely, Just i'm having sleepless nights thinking about these.

bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: What The BomShakalak! Please identify TQ

Post by bufftester »

If it runs well I assume that you have the fuel line going in the right place...most 2 stroke carbs have 4 hoses...fuel line, bowl drain, and a vent either side. Try plugging them off and see what happens...if you run like ass then they are vents (albeit pointed in a very odd direction. Be nice to see a pic of the whole carb, both sides, not just one section.
Team Green Asia

Hi Bufftester,

More Pics as requested

Fuel is at the correct nipple on the other side of the carb, If i blow thru one these myterious nipples .. air comes out on the other nipple. can't feel any air going in the carb. Ok gonna try and plug them and see if anything happens

I'll try get pics of the other side when im home. these are the only ones in my phone now.
Team Green Asia

Thanks All,

Got the answer from the Yamaha Wr Forums,

Its a coolant nipple, piped to the radiator and prevents the slider in the carb from freezing. More for heat transfer function to the carb rather then water cooling it. Interesting.....
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by KarlP »

Commonly used when ice racing or on snowmobiles. Could that carb have come from a snowmobile?
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Team Green Asia

KarlP wrote:Commonly used when ice racing or on snowmobiles. Could that carb have come from a snowmobile?
Strangely enough no, it came as a stock replacement carb for the Yamaha DT200WR, It could also be the same carb used for the Yamaha Banshee .. which may be why it has the coolant nipples.

I've been searching for abit yesterday and have not pinned down any further info for this Mikuni TM 30mm. But she runs fine in my E6 KDX.

I may probably sell it off at ebay and get a another with power jets or something. Somebody else may have a good use for it up north. Such a waste that it's not put to good use.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

Team Green Asia wrote:

the nipple right above your thumb, the one that isn't installed just right, is for oil injection no?
that would need to be plugged up before you run this carb on the bike, you can suck in dust dirt or dunebugs through there

(not sure about the 200 but I had a DT50LC that had the autolube on it)
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Team Green Asia

diymirage wrote:
Team Green Asia wrote:

the nipple right above your thumb, the one that isn't installed just right, is for oil injection no?
that would need to be plugged up before you run this carb on the bike, you can suck in dust dirt or dunebugs through there

(not sure about the 200 but I had a DT50LC that had the autolube on it)
Yes Mirage thats the 2T nippple.It's plugged up doggie style with an old fuel line and a screw with some liquid gasket.Air tight right now.

Anyway i fitted back my old trusty PWK. Doesnt feel as responsive as this mikuni [ it needs a little more coaxing to clear the doubles in the track ] , i'll just wait for my PWK with Powerjets to come for now. As long as its a weekend and im on my kdx riding im happy.
Gearhead86

Post by Gearhead86 »

Hey Team Grean Asia

Are you still thinking about selling this carb?
Does this carb have a pilot adjustment screw? I'd be interested if it does.