kdx200 doesn't like getting wet ??

Got questions? We got answers....
kdx2oo

Post by kdx2oo »

so this past weekend i wen't out riding and found out if i go through water my bike tries to die or it does die and then its a pain in the a** to start up again. If you have any idea of what this problem may be or how to fix it could you let me know ?? :hmm:
Thank you for your time
Living the good life :)
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: kdx200 doesn't like getting wet ??

Post by bufftester »

how much water? how deep? Sounds like there's either a bad electrical connection allowing water in (wiring harness, plug lead) or you have an entryway for water in your intake tract (air box, carb boots, reed cage. Make sure everything is mechanically sound, seal your connections with dielectric grease. Then you can use a spray bottle to spray water at various places around your running engine to see where the problem lies.
kdx2oo

Post by kdx2oo »

never thought about using the spray bottle to check it out ill do that tomorrow. :doh: thanks
Living the good life :)
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Also make sure carb vent lines are clear, and route into airbox if possible.
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Robkx250

Post by Robkx250 »

Check your crank casings I had a kdx a few years ago what did the same and I found out there was a lovely crack in the bottom of the crank case
BlackMist

Post by BlackMist »

I had mine submarined in a deep spot cleaning it off before going home and came out still running like the tank it is. And to everyone yes i made sure the fluids were changed that had to be. So it can be done, just find the spark leak or bad connection, use dielectric grease where you can and you too can have a kdx submarine :boogie: