KDX 220 Exhaust...

Got questions? We got answers....
Enduro_Mayhem

KDX 220 Exhaust...

Post by Enduro_Mayhem »

Thinking about changing the system on my 220 - options not so great here in the UK.

I'm mainly into woods/enduro-type riding (very little, if any top end MX'ish stuff), so am tempted by the FMF Gnarly. Anyone got any guidance/opinions/alternatives and what about the jetting? Is the 220 system the same as for the 200?

Thanks.
Flyin' the Flag for Team Vintage
s10gto
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: KDX 220 Exhaust...

Post by s10gto »

The Gnarl woods pipe is a great choice. Got one on my YZ250 and it has made it a nice woods bike. Lots of low end and huge mid. It does take some off the top end but thats fine for a woods rider. 200/220 is the same pipe part number in FMF.

Every bike can be different and change depending on location but I am @ sea level and my jetting did not change.
cornishwrecker220

KDX 220 Exhaust...

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

I have the gnarly on my 220 with the power core 2 silencer...pulls well down low & runs great in the mid range but like all 220s runs out of steam shortly after that...the pro circuit platinum pipe works very well if you can source them here in the UK, giving great mid & top end pull with no sacrifice in the lower end rpm range & they sound bloody lovely when on the pipe !. Jetting for the fmf gnarly depends on what other mods you have done..if snorkel removed ( pointless on the 220 to remove the whole lid ) or running boysen rad valve or reeds & what % fuel/oil mix you run will depend on your jetting spec...regardless of the above you will need to `lean` your jets & needle clip from the OE ( standard settings ) by 1 or more sizes....just a note the larger carb from the 200 ( 35mm ) works very well on the 220 for an added umph !