Miscellaneous Quandaries

Got questions? We got answers....
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

Miscellaneous Quandaries

Post by Mayor Brap Brap »

1. What do you guys recommend as the the best synthetic tranny oil? I'm using Pro Honda dino oil right now, but just rebuilt the entire engine and want to start from scratch with the best of the best.

2. Where can I obtain the best manual for this bike at the best price? (2002 KDX220 chassis with 2005 KDX200 engine)

3. What are common issues to look for on H-model KDXes? I know of top end rebuilds. Mine had its bore chromed and was given a brand new stock piston with chrome rings.

Thank you! I will now ponder additional inquiries... :prayer:
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Miscellaneous Quandaries

Post by bufftester »

First off.....greatest screen name ever :lol:

1. As for oil, use whatever you desire. Some swear by Type F ATF, others by synthetic oils, others by traditional oils, weights from 10-30 to 80wt. That's the question with a thousand answers...

2. A print manual can be had through your dealer, or Ebay. The Cyclepedia online version has a link on this sites homepage. I have used both, and now only ever refer to the cyclepedia one. Doesn't matter the year, all H-models and A-models use the same one.

3. Check out the Newb Thread by Scheckaet, will probably answer most of your questions. Also the search tool will garner lots of info. My personal hot areas to check when bike shopping are the swingarm/pivot link bearings, shock end bearings two of the most neglected places on these bikes.

Welcome to the forum! :bravo:
Mayor Brap Brap
Supporting Member

Re: Miscellaneous Quandaries

Post by Mayor Brap Brap »

Thanks! HOTMALE69 was taken, so I had to settle for Mayor Brap-Brap. I was demoted from Attorney General Brap-Brap.

That Newb thread is the bee's knees! :partyman: