Kdx200

Got questions? We got answers....
Bailey99

Kdx200

Post by Bailey99 »

Hi guys I've found a 1991 model kdx200 sr model for a good price and I would just like to get some more info on the sr model. I originally wanted the dirt version but I've found this and it's in my price range. So could you guys that have experience with these bikes please give me some info of what their like and how the compare to the just dirt version.

Thanks.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Kdx200

Post by diymirage »

not a whole lot of difference to my knowledge
I would actually prefer the SR version because of the autolube but I know a lot of people prefer the consistency of mixing oil and gas over the slight inconsistency of the autolube
I think the SR has a bolt on exhaust instead of a a springed one so I don't know if you would be able to find an aftermarket pipe for it
the SR also has a different reed cage, intake boot and carb for a different power curve...those parts should be replacable with non SR parts pretty simple

just exactly where are you located ?
SRs are very rare in the US and even though that makes finding parts harder it might make the bike more desirable...to some

there is some good info on the differences here
http://kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopic.ph ... ise#p66639
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Bailey99

Re: Kdx200

Post by Bailey99 »

Ok thanks, but do the sr still have the same power and power band as just the dirt model or is it less or more. Btw I live in Australia

Here's the link for the one I've found.

http://www.gumtree.com.au/s-ad/bathurst ... 1030219131#