Mod plan for the $500 bike...

Got questions? We got answers....
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Mod plan for the $500 bike...

Post by Indawoods »

OK... don't think I'm strange or something but here is the plan for the new KDX that's coming home....

Military style

Olive Drab paint with military stars
Stock exhaust and silencer w/DB Snorkel(more stealth and durable)
AS carb from Ron (altitude becomes less of an issue)
Inexpensive Boysen reeds
225 EG kit to offset the exhaust restriction
Early KX forks... exact swap.

This bike is going to be built for durability, reliability and low maintanence.

The DB snorkel

Site is: http://www.thedbsnorkel.com/

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Looks like a colon just ruptured!! And is that spooge or something even fouler dripping out the tailpipe? Almost looks like you could use it as a bong in a pinch!! Run across a pot garden while out riding and you are set!! Add another and it's a hooka.

But seriously, the best part about owning a decent bike you pick up cheap is that you have lots of play time to mess with it and not be down from riding while doing so. I had my KX out of commission for at least 2 months before it could be ridden at all. Enjoy the tinkering!!!

Methods for camo painting: Start with the lighter colors first, then add darker colors. Use plastic ferns or leaves from the local plants as mask as you paint. What I mean is: paint a section of bike light green, then hold a small branch with leaves on it up to the same section and spray a dark color over it, leaving a light green leaf pattern on a darken field.
Another method: Get a large tank filled with water. Use oil based camo paints and pour onto the water in the tank, 3 or 4 colors. Stir with a stick so the colors swirl but don't blend. Dip your part to be painted into the tank and pull out slowly so the paint sticks to the part as you do so. I've seen a show on the TV doing it to plastic parts, helmets, gun stocks, etc. I'm sure there's something on the internet to detail how it's done.
Last edited by skipro3 on 09:26 am Oct 11 2005, edited 1 time in total.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Did you get another bike? Maybe I missed something...
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

What pattern camo?
http://www.realtree.com/patterns/guide.tpl

Also, this is a very cool way to apply camo: Hydro Graphics

http://www.hydrographics.org.uk/

Here's a piece done in hydrographics:

can you imagine a whole KDX done like this? (in pieces of course, but it shows that it will hold up to heat if a firearm like that is coated)
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No camo... just OD... color 24087 (current military spec)

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

thats a great deal for that bike, i really could not understand why no one bid though. You should make this one the good one and your 95 the the camo bike :supz:
fuzzy
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by fuzzy »

Wow, that's a good deal. Whatcha gonna do w/ 2 200's?

Now I can come riding w/o having to trailer a bike... :lol: :lol:
'91 KDX 200 Project $300 KDX
'95 KDX 200 Project $600 KDX
'94 WR 250 Always a project
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
kdx220freak wrote: You should make this one the good one and your 95 the the camo bike :supz:
NOT!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

:lol:

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

wow thats a nice bike, wish i had it
KanuckKDX

Post by KanuckKDX »

Inda'
Can you get paint to stick to plastic and look as good as that little Honda? And will you paint rims or buy black? And spokes? The little Honda looks good and i see why you will do it, but that is at least a year of tinkering and painting, if you have a real job.
Tedd
KanuckKDX
'01 YZ426F son's
'02 XR400 still for sale
'04 KTM 450exc it's all about the e-start
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I don't quite know how I am going to do it yet. Painting is the easy part and proly do it all will spray bombs. Rims and spokes will proly be done with Farm Implement paint.... tough stuff!

I have a 40 hour a week job... real is a state of mind though.... :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****