Repacking silencer, please help

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Repacking silencer, please help

Post by Ryan »

hi, i just got my fmf preformance packing today for the silencer and was wodering if the whole bag should be used, cause there is alot of it. Also how exactly do i know how tight to wrap the stuff around the rod. They say it needs to be tight but not to tight :rolleyes:. any info would be great.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

someone must know
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Is it the pink string packing? If so, then use half the package on a FMF TurbineCoreII Spark Arrester/ Silencer. You didn't say which silencer you were using so if it is something else, then let us know that too.

My KDX220 with 1/2 package was tested at 86 or 88 db. I can't remember which but it sure is quiet!!!
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

it is a turbine core 2. and yess it is the pink string stuff, so take half a pack and evenly distribute?? thanks
jafo
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by jafo »

I bought the white stuff and used all of it.

Jon.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

Yes, just start winding it around as even as you can and have the outer body of the arrester handy to see if it's tight enough. You won't have any problems, I'm sure.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!