Anyone Have a trail Tech computer?

Got questions? We got answers....
sailorcolin

Post by sailorcolin »

Anyone have a trail tech computer on their bike? I have one and I can't get the RPM's to work properly.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Anyone Have a trail Tech computer?

Post by bufftester »

How do you have it connected? I had a Vapor awhile back and it worked fine, got rid of it for a ICO Checkmate for enduros. And have you floated the ground on your lighting system? best way is to connect it to the terminal on the coil from the CDI (blue wire) and a frame ground (remove the paint and use a ring terminal). I found that wrapping the wire around the spark plug lead was crap.
sailorcolin

Re: Anyone Have a trail Tech computer?

Post by sailorcolin »

bufftester wrote:How do you have it connected? I had a Vapor awhile back and it worked fine, got rid of it for a ICO Checkmate for enduros. And have you floated the ground on your lighting system? best way is to connect it to the terminal on the coil from the CDI (blue wire) and a frame ground (remove the paint and use a ring terminal). I found that wrapping the wire around the spark plug lead was crap.
I do have it wrapped around the sparkplug wire now. i am going to try the spade connector! thanks
C George
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by C George »

sailorcolin wrote:Anyone have a trail tech computer on their bike? I have one and I can't get the RPM's to work properly.

We have a Trail-Tech Vapor and have never got the rpm's to work properly. They always read roughly twice
the engine rpm's. I've spoke and e-mailed the company many times and tried many a diferent tach wire set ups.
I can't get the tach feature to work on this bike. All the other settings work fine. :?
Yes , the Vapor is on the two stroke setting.
05 KDX-220R / 06 KDX-225R / Maxima 927 / Millenium Tech / Ron Black / PC , FMF / Many 220 engine mods / 40 + yrs. of riding dirt bikes 🤟🤟