new set of IRC tires

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXrider1989

new set of IRC tires

Post by KDXrider1989 »

got a set of IRC tires for free the other day, front is a VE-32 and the rear is an M5B. Ive heard the M5B is an excellent tire but more for the soft stuff than anything, havent heard anything about the VE-32. both have barely any wear on them, said they were taken off because they were on a bike for several years. they look fine to me, and they're free, so why not run them? but before I do that, do any of yall have experience with either of these tires? Ive got decent tires on right now that are a little worn in, but I dont want to downgrade
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

new set of IRC tires

Post by rbates9 »

Wear out what you have then try the other tires.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

new set of IRC tires

Post by diymirage »

rbates9 wrote:Wear out what you have then try the other tires.

no kidding, swapping tires is a real pain
I feel like ive got a handle on it now but it still takes me about 30-40 minutes to remove the wheel, pull the tire, put on the new tire, reinstall and readjust everything...per wheel

not to mention the chewing out afterwards when the wifey notices I took her window cleaner and forgot to return it again :naughty:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
KDXrider1989

new set of IRC tires

Post by KDXrider1989 »

diymirage wrote:
rbates9 wrote:Wear out what you have then try the other tires.

no kidding, swapping tires is a real pain
I feel like ive got a handle on it now but it still takes me about 30-40 minutes to remove the wheel, pull the tire, put on the new tire, reinstall and readjust everything...per wheel

not to mention the chewing out afterwards when the wifey notices I took her window cleaner and forgot to return it again :naughty:

haha yeah the rear tire I planned on swapping out soon anyway, its more than 1/2 worn through. still has a bit of life left, but Ill just swap it out. I work at cycle gear and having it changed out there is no problem (well see, ive heard sedona tires are a pain in the a$$ to switch out due to very stiff sidewalls) I have a d742fa up front and it still has a lot of life left (shorter knobs doesnt make it handle all that great in mud and sand), ill swap that out too but ill keep it on the side if I dont like the VE-32
ROADSTR6

Re: new set of IRC tires

Post by ROADSTR6 »

I run the M5B out back. I like it alot. It's probably the gnarliest trail tire ever. Huge lugs and voids.