paint

Got questions? We got answers....
200Green

paint

Post by 200Green »

I have looked but couldnt find!
what is paint/code for 2001 kdx 200? bike needs to be tuched up.
thanks!
Fitterman24
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

paint

Post by Fitterman24 »

I'm getting a can of Duplicolor Grabber Green engine enamel this week so I can see how close it is to the factory paint. I've read it's real close and WAY cheaper than the factory Kawi paint.
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: paint

Post by Postigo »

Fitterman24 wrote:I'm getting a can of Duplicolor Grabber Green engine enamel this week so I can see how close it is to the factory paint. I've read it's real close and WAY cheaper than the factory Kawi paint.
+1 good stuff for the price if you follow the duplicolor site instructions. Pretty close match and good quality paint for the price.Image
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

The Grabber green is a bit darker than the factory green. you can see the difference in the pic below, I painted the lower engine cradle with the grabber. Once the bike was done it was not as noticeable. If you did the whole frame you might notice it a little more against the plastics, but at 6$ a can as opposed to 25$+ I can deal with it. :grin:
200Green

Post by 200Green »

cheers!
i had a chat with local kawi diller
they dont have the paint/dont stock it which is strange, but they did give me a paint code wich is
kawasaki green 6w!!! ill pop to local paint shop and see if they can mix it up.
love to get original paint! :grin:
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

www.colorrite.com

...is where the "official" paint comes from. I ordered 1 can of primer, 1 can of color and 1 can of clear coat. It was around $80 shipped.

Otherwise, go to an auto parts store or paint store and see if they can match it up.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Fitterman24
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Fitterman24 »

OK. Didn't get the Duplicolor Grabber Green yet. Had to go get some stuff at Hobby Lobby for the wife, and went to the model section--weakness. Found Model Master #28117 Sublime Green lacquer in a small can and you need a clear coat, too. The family all said it was very very close to the factory frame color. Almost $7 a can, but.......wish I could post pics. I know I need to contribute.......but
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

paint

Post by rbates9 »

Anyone can post pics. You just need to use a photo hosting site like photobucket and use the image code.
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

Duplicolor is almost identical to the factory plastics you can see it here in the photo.Image
Adamnb1

paint

Post by Adamnb1 »

I just did some touchups with the grabber green (bought at canadian tire for $10). It looks great too me.

That bike is looking GREAT Postigo. Although.. don't think that little sack of dog $hit by your back tire went unnoticed...
Gotanubike
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

paint

Post by Gotanubike »

Adamnb1 wrote:I just did some touchups with the grabber green (bought at canadian tire for $10). It looks great too me.

That bike is looking GREAT Postigo. Although.. don't think that little sack of dog $hit by your back tire went unnoticed...
Crappy tire has grabber green dupli-color?? Woo hoo, I'm gonna have a look for that next time I'm in there :razz:
1990 KDX200
Bike Profile -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 61#p136315
Suspension Overhaul(Shock+89-92 conventional forks) -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 15&t=15255
96'-98' RM125 Showa 49mm fork swap -> http://www.kdxrider.net/forums/viewtopi ... 04&t=16994
KDXrider world map! -> https://www.zeemaps.com/map?group=186158
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

Adamnb1 wrote:I just did some touchups with the grabber green (bought at canadian tire for $10). It looks great too me.

Is just a cleaning rag bro.. LOL
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

You can restore your side plates with krylon fusion gloss white paint and for the swing arm and front suspension you can use duplicolor engine enamel DE 1615 aluminum paint. Another tip to prepare the surface is to rub the parts using a green scotch brite with degreaser and before the paint job clean all the parts with alcohol to remove grease and debris.