KDX/KX master cylinder

Got questions? We got answers....
carts69
Supporting Member

KDX/KX master cylinder

Post by carts69 »

Hi, Can anyone tell me if the KDX 220 (1999) & kx 125 (200-2001) front brake master cylinder repair kits are the same, I have got the two master cylinders mixed up & wish to put a repair kit inside the one I have on the bike, looks the same outside but any ideas on the inners please?
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

KDX/KX master cylinder

Post by rbates9 »

I think the KDX master cylinder will have a small spring forward of the pivot to keep the lever up against the plunger and the KX will not have the spring or the little hole in the master cylinder for the spring to sit. That is the only difference that I have seen in the two master cylinders that I have (one KDX and one KX). Also I tried a KX lever on the KDX master cylinder and it held tension on the plunger so the brakes would drag so there must be some sort of other difference.

Internally I have no idea. I would guess they are the same but they do list two different kits for them. :hmm:
carts69
Supporting Member

Re: KDX/KX master cylinder

Post by carts69 »

Thanks rbates, a very helpful reply! I shall further investigate
carts69
Supporting Member

Re: KDX/KX master cylinder

Post by carts69 »

Still not found out, can the numbers on the master cylinder shed some light on whether its a KX/KDX unit? Just want to know what kit to buy & whether the are in fact different inside?