Lectron carb

Got questions? We got answers....
twocycle

Lectron carb

Post by twocycle »

After a lot of reading, purchased and installed a 36mm Lectron carb with powerjet in my 89 KDX. Have not a had lot of time to ride it but intial impressions are,
a lot more low end power, less smoking, pipe warms up quickly which helps with power. The power is more even than it was before. It is easier to ride on techical trails than before.

It is supposed help eliminate rejetting due to temperature/altitube change.

Hopefully in the next few months I will be able to fine tune the jetting. I think there is more power to be had.

There were some fitment issues. The carb is physically larger. Kevin at Lectron machined it so it would fit. It is not a perfect fit but it works fine. As far as running quality/power it is the best thing I have done.
Thrahl

Re: Lectron carb

Post by Thrahl »

I've heard nothing but good about the Lectron carbs.

I would be interested in a straight up comparison between a Lectron and a RB modded carb on a KDX.
They cost about the same (assuming you are buying a new carb from RB).
The RB carb would have to give a pretty significant increase over the Lectron to beat the benefit of never jetting again. :mrgreen:
twocycle

Lectron carb

Post by twocycle »

Yes I ride year round from 10 to 95 degrees. So just no rejetting is a big thing for me.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Lectron carb

Post by rbates9 »

Jetting sucks! I would like to hear more when you have more to tell. Another member also went with the Lectron but hasn't had much to say about it.
Tedh98
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Lectron carb

Post by Tedh98 »

rbates9 wrote: Another member also went with the Lectron but hasn't had much to say about it.

That is probably me. I haven't been riding since May.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: Lectron carb

Post by KDXohio »

I'm curious as well
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
twocycle

Lectron carb

Post by twocycle »

The carb is just a needle and a powerjet. Both are adjustable to about 10 jet sizes. The needle can be lifted and lowered by turning. You do have take the slide out to adjust. The power jet is an external turn screw. Lectron has been used in the racing circles for a long time. The auto compensation for jetting is like Thunder Products Intel-a-jet. Just the few times I have ridden it over a 30 degree temperature change, it seems to run the same. I am carrying a gear higher up hills. Seems to run very clean.