94 Transmission Output Shaft Seal

Got questions? We got answers....
sailorcolin

Post by sailorcolin »

I have a 94 Plated KDX that has a leaky seal. The seal the behind the front sprocket on the transmission. I can do all the work my self to change the seal but I am a new owner to the bike. This being said, I do not know which seal to buy when searching online. I will upload pictures later today as I am at work now. But if some one could point me in the right direction that would be great. I did some google searches and didnt get very far with them. Thanks!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: 94 Transmission Output Shaft Seal

Post by 6 Riders »

I needed water pump seals and decided to buy this kit https://www.thumpertalk.com/shop/Moose- ... 67387.html ...pretty nice stuff
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
sailorcolin

Post by sailorcolin »

Does that have the necessary seal for my application? Sorry to sound like a noob!
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by 6 Riders »

All the seals needed to rebuild the motor and transmission. I still have all but the water pump seals if your interested in them
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

The seal youre looking for is 92050-033

Click the link and look for the part labled 92050 in the drawing it'll be on the left crankcase

http://www.middletowncycle.com/fiche_se ... &fveh=8585
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Don't bother replacing the seal with out also replacing the collar and the two o rings at the same time. If you just replace the seal it will probably start to leak again in a short time.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Ive had good luck with flipping the collar around but yeah replacing would be better I agree
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
sailorcolin

Post by sailorcolin »

The person i bought the bike from had all the seals in the bike replaced 4 months ago. The reason that seal started leaking was beacuse he sprayed this engine cleaner that ate at the seal when he didnt wash it off directly after washing the bike.