Carburetor overflow hose..BULK NOW FOR SALE

Got questions? We got answers....
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Carburetor overflow hose..BULK NOW FOR SALE

Post by KDXohio »

Stupid question but what's the ID of the hoses my last one shriveled up and died while riding so I just want to order some bulk hose I'm not paying 25$ for pre-cut hose worth about 5$ at most plus since I do a lot of repair work for a landscaping company they may have a spool that the owner would likely just give me the lengths I need :mrgreen:
Last edited by KDXohio on 09:03 pm Aug 14 2013, edited 1 time in total.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Carburetor overflow hoses

Post by diymirage »

ever try transporting gasoline in a Styrofoam cup ?

I would imagine that is what would happen to the landscaping hoses (non drinking water grade I think?)

a better idea would be to go to your local hobby shop and get some fuel line for RC cars (that's what I use)
I actually had a piece of hose with me when I went to get it so I don't know the exact size, I just matched the two up but im sure someone will chime in and let you know
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

lol now that made me laugh. I'm not talking bout irrigation pipe we have a full scale equipment repair shop set up with spools of bulk fuel line lol just didn't know which size to grab :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by diymirage »

now I get it
in that case, you still have my address right ?
send me a few feet would ya :lol:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Haha idk he only gave 10' of 1/8" I may not have any left over lol :lol:
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Carburetor overflow hoses

Post by rbates9 »

1/8" should be right. I have been having a hard time finding true 1/8" line at my local bike shop though. :? What they are calling 1/8" is more like 3/16" and falls right off the carb. :hmm:
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Just got home and this stuff fits nice and snug pretty tight to get on but not so tight that you would think to try the next size up. Ill have him order me a spool anyone that wants some tell me a length and your zip code and ill shoot you a price and as of now its one color fits all it comes in clear yellow, and clear yellow! Maybe clear red too if I can figure out where he had ordered that from.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

I'll let you know. I haven't been back to the local guy in awhile so he may have gotten it figured out but if not I will get some from you. See if they have clear green! :lol: Or blue. Just not yellow.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Here's what we had but the 3 catalogs I checked are all showing yellow ill have to ask when I call maybe I have to request other colors :lol:

Last edited by KDXohio on 08:50 pm Aug 14 2013, edited 1 time in total.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Picture link didn't work. But I'm not too fussy about color. They all seem to turn yellow in short time anyway.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Well I looked through the catalogs again and there is clear blue, clear clear, and clear yellow so ill likely get a spool of blue if anyone interested and Ill fix the pic
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I'm thinking I can probably sell it for 1$-1.50$ a foot which is basically at cost depending on my price break for ordering a large quantity might even be cheaper since I think I already get a discount through this catalog :lol:

the blue line withstands temperatures from -65F-220F, kink and abrasion resistant and resists gas, grease and oil among other chemicals

If multiple people are interested Ill buy a 100ft spool and sell by the foot most the stuff on ebay is 25 after shipping ebay for 8' I should be able to cut that in half
6 Riders
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Carburetor overflow hose..BULK NOW FOR SALE

Post by 6 Riders »

I'm interested and as I have 8 bikes to maintain.....I'd like quiet a bit....how many feet did you use on your bike?
newbbewb wrote:^what he said.
masterblaster wrote:Man 6 riders you rock.
*side note...I'm drunk, so try to read what I'm trying to say, instead of what I actually type
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

6 Riders wrote:I'm interested and as I have 8 bikes to maintain.....I'd like quiet a bit....how many feet did you use on your bike?
I haven't cut it yet I plan to do that tomorrow the guys on good ol Ebay say 8' for one carb but that seems pretty high
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I think I'm just going to buy 100' of clear blue line tomorrow ill be able to sell it for 1-1.50 a foot + likely 2-3$ shipping I'm just guessing here
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Dekon
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Dekon »

Julien D wrote:This stuff works great:

http://www.hobbylinc.com/rc_airplane_fuel_lines
That is what I used on mine. My son picked out the neon green colored one.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

I ended up using 42 inches
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Alright I ordered 100' of blue hose today didn't get it quite as low as I had hoped but oh well if no one buys any I figure I'll use 25' just in my machines and have some left over for future projects :hmm:

I can do 1$/foot + shipping which will likely be around 3$ unless you live close to me