Think I've solved my long jetting nightmare.

Got questions? We got answers....
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

I want to thank everybody that tried to help me and gave me advice while I was trying to dial in my jetting by the way! It's definitely fixed, and runs great finally! My only complaint now is that the previous owner geared it two teeth lower and first gear is pretty much useless. Lol. It took it running correctly to find that out. I'm excited to finally get to do some tight trails since I don't have to worry about bogging out on hill climbs ...assuming the master link diymirage sent me fits! :)
2002 KDX 200
diymirage
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: Think I've solved my long jetting nightmare.

Post by diymirage »

glad to hear you got it sorted

now, if it were to turn out the link doesn't fit I would suggest you take the chain into a shop and have them match it up :doh:
newbbewb wrote:DIYmirage has it right.

-1996 KDX 200 woods weapon (converted to 99 green body)
-1996 KDX 200 plated street toy (barney edition)
-2003 Yamaha TTR125-L (wifeys bike)
-1997 KDX 220 project bike
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

I'm thinking ill have to buy another chain I guess. The Kdx chain is noticibly larger than the rm125's chain, and I'm not sure the Kdx needs a chain that heavy duty. Ah, any riding is good riding, so even a short jaunt on the strip mine access road is better than nothing til I get the chain sorted out.
2002 KDX 200
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

I found this jetting guide today that really helped me out. It's geared toward people like me who royally don't have a jetting clue, and is pretty straightforward in its language: http://forum.dirtrider.com/discussion/7 ... ng-faqs/p1
Kudos to the guy that wrote it!
2002 KDX 200
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

Man, I'm finally enjoying my Kdx! I rode two miles to the gas station and it ran beautifully. It feels like a rocket on top, and a couple times while in 5th I'd ease off the throttle, slam it open, and the front wheel would rise about 3 feet off the road forcing me to back off :) a young guy came up to me at the station and said it was the "coolest" looking bike he'd ever seen and offered me $1500 for it! While that would nearly double my profit over my purchase price, ill never sell it. This bike was taken care of so much previously that its still got years left in it. Good times!
2002 KDX 200