KDX 200 shock fit?

Got questions? We got answers....
carts69
Supporting Member

KDX 200 shock fit?

Post by carts69 »

Hi, Does anyone know if a rear shock from a KDX 200 89/90 fit a KDX 220 1999?
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: KDX 200 shock fit?

Post by Julien D »

Nosir, don't believe it would.

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

I doubt it. The reservoirs mount up on one and down on the other, possible causing an interference with pipe mounting.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Postigo
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by Postigo »

I bought one at ebay US for $40 last week maybe you can write a letter to one of the sellers to see if one of them agrees to ship to your location.
The Doctor says I have multiple personality desorder... But we are not agree...
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

It looks like it would fit (I'm just going off pictures) Jason is right about one reservoir up the other down but it looks to me that the newer reservoir is shorter placing it right around the same area as the old one
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
carts69
Supporting Member

KDX 200 shock fit?

Post by carts69 »

Thanks for the replies! I suppose the best bet is to try it, if it wont fit then I will have to return to the seller?
KDXohio
Supporting Member

KDX 200 shock fit?

Post by KDXohio »

carts69 wrote:Thanks for the replies! I suppose the best bet is to try it, if it wont fit then I will have to return to the seller?
just triple check that the seller takes returns
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Why in the heck should they take a return because you want a test fit? They are not Wal-Mart.

Just buy the correct one.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Jason wrote:Why in the heck should they take a return because you want a test fit? They are not Wal-Mart.

Just buy the correct one.
Some sellers are actually cool with that I've asked before but I didn't return the part cause it fit :grin:
carts69
Supporting Member

Post by carts69 »

Quick update... It fits perfect!
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

carts69 wrote:Quick update... It fits perfect!

Woot woot sometimes it pays to gamble
carts69
Supporting Member

KDX 200 shock fit?

Post by carts69 »

Pretty glad I didn't buy it from Jason :lol: Now he does seem to have strict policies, hard to believe he is a fellow KDX er :shh: Yes gamble payed off, it does fit/don't leak & works just fine,oh..... and was very cheap compared to the cost of having my 220 shock overhauled with a new rod! even if it only lasts a year or two then im happy?
So just for the records... can't see why anyone would want a 1989 kdx shock on their (1999) 220 but I can confirm that it does fit perfect. Thanks for all the advice.
dude541
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

KDX 200 shock fit?

Post by dude541 »

carts69 wrote:Pretty glad I didn't buy it from Jason :lol: Now he does seem to have strict policies, hard to believe he is a fellow KDX er :shh: Yes gamble payed off, it does fit/don't leak & works just fine,oh..... and was very cheap compared to the cost of having my 220 shock overhauled with a new rod! even if it only lasts a year or two then im happy?
So just for the records... can't see why anyone would want a 1989 kdx shock on their (1999) 220 but I can confirm that it does fit perfect. Thanks for all the advice.
glad it fits etc bud :grin:
you may notice a softer rear though, as the 89 spring is a 4.7kg/mm compared to the 99 220 5.0kg/mm.

im sure you can put up with that until you get your stock shock rebuilt at a later date, or you may be lucky and the spring could have been swopped out at some point! :grin:
best regards
john
carts69
Supporting Member

KDX 200 shock fit?

Post by carts69 »

John, Yeah I will have to see how it feels once its back together! No doubt it is the original spring as its green! but im sure I can live with it for a few hours each Sunday. One good thing is I now have the shock/swinging arm back on & can now proceed to get the wheel back on & after some time apart it will resemble a bike again.
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

So my 1990 has a blue spring is that not stock then?
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

lime green is stock on 1989. 1990 - 2003??? is sky blue, then 2004/5/6 is gray

Going down .4 Kg/mm in rate is a big jump
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Oh OK mines a light blue so likely stock