is the delta force really worth getting?

Got questions? We got answers....
the trail rider

is the delta force really worth getting?

Post by the trail rider »

is the delta force III really worth $150 versus the carbon pro reeds $50 it seems like getting the carbon pros is worth it but the delta force . all you get is adjustable reed stops right. any advice on this is greatly appreciated.
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I can't stand the thought of a better product out there and not on my bike. The VForce are better IMO, but worth the cost? Only you can decide that.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Re: is the delta force really worth getting?

Post by Indawoods »

>|<>QBB<
the trail rider wrote:is the delta force III really worth $150 versus the carbon pro reeds $50 it seems like getting the carbon pros is worth it but the delta force . all you get is adjustable reed stops right. any advice on this is greatly appreciated.
They don't make "PRO" carbon reeds for a KDX.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: is the delta force really worth getting?

Post by m0rie »

>|<>QBB<
Indawoods wrote:>|<>QBB<
the trail rider wrote:is the delta force III really worth $150 versus the carbon pro reeds $50 it seems like getting the carbon pros is worth it but the delta force . all you get is adjustable reed stops right. any advice on this is greatly appreciated.
They don't make "PRO" carbon reeds for a KDX.
Inda - maybe i'm mis-understanding your reply but Boyesen makes Pro Series Carbon Fiber Reeds, i've got a set on my 89.

http://www.rockymountainatv.com/product ... vType=type

-Maurice
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I stand corrected. I checked certain source and they didn't list any for the KDX just the power series. Damn sources! :neutral:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

eBay - Boysen Power reeds $29.99 / $3.95 shipping

Post by Indawoods »

*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

quailchaser
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: eBay - Boysen Power reeds $29.99 / $3.95 shipping

Post by quailchaser »

>|<>QBB<
If I buy the Power Reeds for the 200 (part # 607), will they fit my 220? :roll: If so, will they make it rev. higher than if I got the 220 reeds(part # 607)? :mrgreen:

I wonder how well a moose spacer and a set of cabon reeds would work together? :?
Robb
*Sold* but not forgotten '03 KDX220R
'02 KX250
PW80 for the Gman
XR50R with Zuk yellow plastic and pink starlet stikers...soon to be Katiebugs ride.
AMA
Off Camber M/C
BRC
AZOHVC
m0rie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by m0rie »

A lot of the KTM guys swear by the reed spacers. I've been tempted to try one in my 89 and see what affect it has on the carbon fiber reeds i've got in it.
1989 KDX 200
2007 TTR-50E
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

On my KDX220, there's no room for a spacer. It would put the carb too far back. As it is, the cable feed needs to be curved to fit within the frame anyway.
Doug put one on his KX500 but took it back off. Too much PITA to put on and remove the carb with it in place.
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!