another pipe question

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

another pipe question

Post by Ryan »

What's the differnce between a gnalry woods pipe and a gnlary desert pipe. i have a gnarly desert pipe and i am thiking of getting a pro platnuim pipe. Is this a good idea or should i keep the pipe i have.? thanks for any help. And what are the pro's and cons of both. thanks
FLAKDX
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Post by FLAKDX »

:roll: here we go again. I should leave this alone but I'll help anyway. One is the torque pipe and the other is the rev pipe I'll leave it up to you to figure out the difference.

BTW and don't take this wrong but how old are you?? :?
03 220R
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

15-16 ??

It can't be put any simpler than this;

FMF KG-30 = rev pipe mid to top increase
FMF KG-35 = torque pipe low to mid increase

Forget gnarley, woods, etc just go by the KG-3X stamp on one of the mounting tabs.

As already said several times decide where you want more power and get the appropriate pipe.

Hopefully that clears that one up. :roll: :mrgreen:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ok, well i figured it out, but im just wondering if it is worth trading my fmf desert with turbine core 2 silencer for a pc pipe and silencer. WHat are the advantages of the pc pipe. thanks
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

I would be developing my skills instead of worrying about changing out top notch components. You got a good setup...run with in man!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
KDXer
Supporting Member

Post by KDXer »

Basically fit (from what I've read). :wink: If you have a FMF system already installed, leave it. Save your money and put it towards something that you haven't already got (like descent forks). Just forget about the PC I doubt you would notice any difference anyway. Howzat ??? :rolleyes:

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like the passengers in his car."
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

but its so much more shinny :supz:
Green Hornet
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Green Hornet »

>|<>QBB<
kdx220freak wrote:ok, well i figured it out, but im just wondering if it is worth trading my fmf desert with turbine core 2 silencer for a pc pipe and silencer. WHat are the advantages of the pc pipe. thanks
Leave it alone already :wink:
"Growing Old is Mandatory, Growing Up is Optional"
2008 KLX450R
2008 DRZ400SM
2005 KDX 220R
1985 KDX 200A3
2005 KLX 125L (SONS)
2003 KTM 50SX Pro Jr
B Senior # 254/0092

http://sponsorhouse.loopd.com/Members/R ... fault.aspx
Thanks to my 2008 Sponsers:
Dunlop, SteelMX, Amsoil, Simpson, Pro Works Racing, Pro Moto Billet, SLAP Energy,Boyesen, Rhino Stands, SixSixOne/SunLine Moto for your support.
John W Read Jr
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

ok ok i will