I need a kdx200 rear spoke and nipple!

Got questions? We got answers....
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

I've got this in the wanted section as well, but I need a rear spoke Nd nipple for my 02 200. The previous owner stripped it out, and I can't ride til I find a replacement. If anybody has one ill gladly Paypal you some legal American currency. Thanks!
2002 KDX 200
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by pumpguy »

Rear wheel spokes are Kawasaki part # 41029-1199. Nipples are # 41032-1061. Do an online search for these part numbers, or check with your local Kawasaki dealer.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

Honestly, I won't be replacing my rim and spokes til December at the earliest, and I figured with all the guys with spare parts on this page that I'd see if I could fig up a used one cheap. I hit eBay but no go on suitable spokes and nipples. I threw away an 18 inch rear rim complete about two weeks before I bought this Kdx, so yes, I am a complete idiot. I also threw away a complete yz250 set of forks and front wheel, and now I wish I had kept them to mount on my bike.
2002 KDX 200
KarlP
Supporting Member III
Supporting Member III

Re: I need a kdx200 rear spoke and nipple!

Post by KarlP »

You can certainly ride with a spoke missing. Won't hurt a thing.
'08 KTM200xc
'99 CR/KDX Hybrid with that RB stuff done to it
KX100 for the boy
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

Yep. As I type this I'm buttoning the rear wheel back onto the rim. I got the spoke a little tight, but it could use another turn. Since I don't jump the bike and I try to avoid rock beds, I'm going to get moose racing rims and spoke for the front and rear this Christmas. Tax time ill rebuild the crank, cylinder and bottom end, and ill be set for another few years. I put a 40 pilot in today and its the sweet spot for my bike, and it idles and revs like a new bike. The previous owner has tried to buy it back numerous times, but I ain't sellin :)
2002 KDX 200
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

I stopped assembling the tire/ rim and ordered a spoke and nipple from partzilla. $5 for the spoke and nipple, but $9.00 shipping! I've got both rims nearly laser true, but the back rim is bothering me knowing that spoke is not tight. My luck it'll wreck me and I've got a back full of screws and pins, so I'm afraid of the safety aspect of it not being there. I know I'm crazy worrying, but im hitting all the basic maintenance bulletpoints while i get this bike ready to really give it a serious offroad workout. I figure that'll tide me over til I buy a set of rims/spokes/nipples at years end. Ill have this new one as a spare as well. Anyone use moose racing rims, spokes and nipples here? What rims and spokes would you guys recommend(nothing expensive, just a good basic assembly)?
2002 KDX 200