Which is a better pipe??

Got questions? We got answers....
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Which is a better pipe??

Post by Ryan »

hi, im wondering which is a better pipe, i was wondering between the fmf gnarly woods pipe and the pro circut platnuim pipe. thanks. What do these pipe give out, bottom end or top end? thanks
the trail rider

Post by the trail rider »

woods pipe bottom end. pc pipe top end. pcII pipe is low end and mid range, pretty much the same as woods. rev pipe improvement from idle to wide open throttle. since you have 220
get a lift, fat chicks can't jump!

when in doubt gas it!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

whats the differnece bewteen the woods pipe and desert pipe though?
the trail rider

on the 220 the woods adds to the bottom end. you know right off idle. and a little to the mid range. but this pipe does very little to the bike especially when you have all the low end in the world. the desert pipe adds to the whole rev range on the 220 gives you a little bit more low end especially if you have reeds, and you have alot more midrange and some top end for a change. the desert pipe will not give you a motorcross feel. it will just have more power than you are used to at that part of the rev range. really wakes up the 220. no hit just more throttle equals more movement on this bike with that set up.
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

so, if im riding trails, that have some turns but alot of little straights do you think i should keep the desert or buy the pc??
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

So... your talking from experience right?
Keep in mind that most of these guys on this forum are very very experienced and just throwing data out doesn't fly very far.

Just something to keep in mind when answering questions... we keep it honest.
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
skipro3
Gold Member
Gold Member

Post by skipro3 »

I find my woods pipe with a RB modded Air Striker carb and VForceIII reeds to be ideal. I have a fatty pipe as well but I love the woods pipe. The physical difference between a woods and desert pipe is the pipe's main body diameter; it's bigger on the desert pipe.
The performance of my woods pipe is very linear from low to high rpms. I have no flat spots and find it has plenty of top end. Now, 200 owners may have different results, but that is their story to tell.
If you are interested in trying the fatty pipe from FMF, (How it differs from a desert pipe, I don't know. Maybe someone here does and will chime in) let me know and I'll send it to you to test. If you like it, it's yours for a small donation to Vince's site here; say, $30 or so?
Jerry

I'd rather be a smartass like carvr, than a dumbass like.... well, you fill in the blank!
the trail rider

thats all that I have been told. maybe he was wrong. plan on gettin the desert ,or the woods this winter. I probably need more info for my choice.

when in doubt gas it!
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

No harm no foul.... Next time you may want to say "from what I have read" or some other qualifying statement. :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

"People ate cows a thousand years ago for the same reason we eat them now. Cause they are easy to catch.We're not savages,we're just lazy. A cheetah could taste like chocolate heroin. But will never know. Those bastards are fast!!! "
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

So SKI... that Fatty is like the Desert? If so... I wouldn't mind trying it out. CC thinks I shoulda had one already but I really like my "woods pipe that was supposed to be a desert pipe" :lol:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

Also anyone know anything about a pcII pipe??
Last edited by Ryan on 07:11 pm Oct 04 2005, edited 1 time in total.
the trail rider

sorry to intrude on kdx220freaks thread, but I would really like to know as much as any other guy with a 220 would like to know. in your opinion Indawoods which pipe is better for the 220 on steep twisty nasty trails. mostly just medium hardness trails. just asking. thanks. :grin:

when in doubt gas it!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

would a fatty pipe work on my bike?>
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Never rode one... I have only had 200's. Sorry.... :wink:
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

the trail rider

oh well, thanks any way :grin: . maybe someone who has may come in here and post.

when in doubt gas it!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

hmm, well no one has said but i will ask again. Which is a better pipe to have a pro circut pipe or a desert pipe. thanks for your help. Also which has a better value in the long run??
Indawoods
Creator and Founder
Creator and Founder

Post by Indawoods »

Most buy FMF... but there is nothing wrong with a PC pipe... better quality actually!
*** Administrator //***
****'95 KDX 200/****

the trail rider

well since I know that the pro circuit pipe is the same high revving profile as the desert pipe. I would say keep your desert pipe, unless of course you wanted the bottom end platinum II pipe.

when in doubt gas it!
Ryan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by Ryan »

so, overall which would give me better bottom end without taking anything or maybe even gaining so top end?
the trail rider

since you already have the carb mod and you already have the desert pipe. I would say get the 607s or the carbon pro reeds .still havent figured out the difference. or even better the delta force 3 reed cage,should gain some power and probably overall response. btw if you havent already replaced your wiseco I would do so right away since you have mods already,Ihave heard some bad stories.going to do my wiseco this winter since I am upgrading also

when in doubt gas it!