kickstart return spring.

Got questions? We got answers....
cornishwrecker220

kickstart return spring.

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

My return spring on the kicker has jumped out of its locating hole on the inner crank case & now rubs / touches the idle gear...it first did this a few weeks ago. ( never had any previous problems with it ) I stripped everything off inspected & slotted it back....pain in the butt as you have to dump the oil & coolant & remove all the nessessary bits & bobs all for a few minute job!..now today after a ride it has done it again :hmm: ...anyone had this happen to them...the spring looks fine I`m wondering if I should purchase a new spring & inner nylon collar too...what do you think??
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Re: kickstart return spring.

Post by KDXohio »

Its possible a small piece of the spring that sits in the case broke off making it easier for it to slide back out?
I'd double check and make sure all the bushings/washers are all there as well.
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
cornishwrecker220

kickstart return spring.

Post by cornishwrecker220 »

I have ordered up a new spring & bush as its not that expensive..when it arrives I will compare it with the old item to see if part of the end has broken away!...if it has I hope it`s still in the hole :? thanks for the reply.