KDX250 should I buy?!

Got questions? We got answers....
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: KDX250 should I buy?!

Post by Actionman »

Don't know how our posts got mixed julien! Sorry!
2002 KDX 200
De250r

Post by De250r »

I love timber sleds. I have enough parts kicking around to put one together. But time and other burners heck couple other stoves goin take priority. My wife asked the other day when I picked up my latest hybrid. How many bikes does this make now Hun? Um. Umm ummm hmmm. Well it takes at least two hands dear. She just shook her head and gave me that( your a cute little kid look) women just don't understand:)
go for the kdx250 if budget alows. We don't do this to make money(most of the time) although I've done pretty good

Sent from the back woods of vt via patchy Internet
Live free and ride hard
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

De250r wrote:I love timber sleds. I have enough parts kicking around to put one together. But time and other burners heck couple other stoves goin take priority. My wife asked the other day when I picked up my latest hybrid. How many bikes does this make now Hun? Um. Umm ummm hmmm. Well it takes at least two hands dear. She just shook her head and gave me that( your a cute little kid look) women just don't understand:)
go for the kdx250 if budget alows. We don't do this to make money(most of the time) although I've done pretty good

Live free and ride hard
Hey we've got our bikes they've got their shoes and make up...thats how it works right? ha :lie:
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Post by rbates9 »

Julien D wrote: The whole " don't spend money on a bike that old" is a very dirtrider.net attidude, and doesn't really fit in a site dedicated to a line of discontinued machines. :)
I would have to say that anyone on here has more money in their KDX then they could get out of it. But we all seem happy to do so! :grin:
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

What I meant was "don't spend money on a bike that old if you can get a nice running bike for 1/4 the price of fixing the other one up". Spending $2500 on a 2001 yz250 would've been madness in my case. I kinda feel that 1500-2000 bucks can be put toward a fairly clean runner instead of buying a basket case with no guarantees and astronomical parts prices. I may very well buy another $200 basket case, but i also have a running bike to ride while i restore said basket case-and that makes a huge difference in my attitude about taking on a project. Que sera!
2002 KDX 200
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Well good old craigslist is giving me another chance 100$ for a complete 250 full fmf exhaust im trying to go out and get her within the next couple hours heres a pic:

I may part it out depending on whats wrong with it let me know what parts you may be interested in
1990 KDX200 FMF Fatty, Answer VFC silencer, VForce 3 Cage, Wiseco Piston, KX125-J series KYB USD fork conversion, Race tech goldvalves, J series front brake assembly, air-box snorkel removed, Acerbis Headlight, KX450F Front fender, Pro Taper RM bend bars, ASV front Brake lever, MSR Clutch perch and lever, RB Head mod, 36mm PWK carb, Trail Tech Kickstand.
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

Good luck with it.
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
Kroynon
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Kroynon »

I may be interested in a few things.
Let me know if you're going to part it.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

KDXohio wrote:Well good old craigslist is giving me another chance 100$ for a complete 250 full fmf exhaust im trying to go out and get her within the next couple hours heres a pic:

I may part it out depending on whats wrong with it let me know what parts you may be interested in
Now that is what I'm talking about. I'd buy just about any 80s-current bike if I could get it for $100. Matter of fact, I just bought a 98 yz400 for $120 off my wife's nephew. Starts and runs strong, but its never seen a lick of grease, chain maintenance, or a fresh bearing. I'm going to spend about $200 on wheel bearings, chain/sprockets, oil change and done cheap fenders, and run it til it blows. Then ill remove any parts I can use and scrap the rest. Anyway, $100 is a great deal on that, and you'll be able to use levers/ perches, various fasteners, handlebars, etc as spares for your main bike.
2002 KDX 200
De250r

Post by De250r »

Gotta love Craigslist

Live free and ride hard
Robbie
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Robbie »

I so love Craigslist
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Alright so update got it tore it down reeds were broken looked like someone didnt know what they were doing and likely broke them messing with the bike no pieces recovered got new reeds fired right up and sold the bike same day as I had an unexpected large expense come up sorry never even had a chance to take pictures, video, or ride her. :cry: But on i good note I had a total investment of 125$ and sold her for 850$ :lol: :supz: :lol: :shh: :bravo: :partyman:
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Ive since taken care of the expense which luckily was not nearly as high as anticipated and moved on to a new project another honda trx300ex but you guys could prolly care less about a little ugly 4 wheeled 4 stroke
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

KDX250 should I buy?!

Post by rbates9 »

We don't mind 4 stroke 4 wheelers. It's the honda part... :lol:
KDXohio
Supporting Member

KDX250 should I buy?!

Post by KDXohio »

rbates9 wrote:We don't mind 4 stroke 4 wheelers. It's the honda part... :lol:
Lol I like you guys more and more every post. :lol:
I'm not particularly fond of honda either theyre electrical systems blow up if you breath on them too hard. But in my area 300ex's are so popular I can get 4-6 a month each for under 300 strip them to the bare minimum
ie: take nerf bars off, pull the skid plates, pull the heel guards, aftermarket grab bar if it has one and aftermarket bumper if it has one stock ones I leave.

Then I fix the problem which is usually valve train related like the one I just picked up then clean it up tape all wires any repaired connections get redone and soldered and heat shrunk properly repaired. sometimes new grips and seat cover if needed then I sell them for 600-1300 depending on reliability and appearance and I sell all those add-ons for a pretty penny. :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

I bought this quad because I needed parts off it for my fiances quad but of course I got curious and now have the top end apart and haven't put any time into her quad...oops. My plan is to pull all the good stuff off this quad and load it with my garbage parts and get it running and riding then try to sell it as a very cheap like 300-400 running riding quad. On a good note the PO had the cylinder bored and new piston kit put in and it still wouldn't run! Oh no so after five minutes with my compression gauge at least one intake valve is not at all sealing pulled the head theyre both bent :lol: and im done rambling ill post a thread in the other bike section lol
KDXGarage
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by KDXGarage »

BUSY GUY!!! Take a break!!
Thank you for participating on kdxrider.net. :bravo:
To post pictures from a device: viewtopic.php?f=88&t=24128
KDXohio
Supporting Member

Post by KDXohio »

Jason wrote:BUSY GUY!!! Take a break!!

I can't it's an addiction if I'm not riding and don't have a project I'll start taking stuff apart on my main bikes that doesn't need to be messed with!