Anyone familiar with moose racing "torque" reeds?

Got questions? We got answers....
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Anyone familiar with moose racing "torque" reeds?

Post by Actionman »

I bought a new set of moose racing torque reeds from ebay and I'm wondering if anyone else has heard of them? They seem to be carbon fiber. My stock reeds ended up being like new so I'm not putting them in. Btw: if anyone else has a problem with their kdx running real rich, make sure you're not an idiot who plugged the vent tubes when the carb was overflowing and forgot to remove the plugs. New reeds and $27 worth of jets to find out I'm just a forgetful ass.
2002 KDX 200
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: Anyone familiar with moose racing "torque" reeds?

Post by Julien D »

Heard of them, never used them. I'm a boyesen fan, myself. Funny story on plugging the vent lines, lol...
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Anyone familiar with moose racing "torque" reeds?

Post by Actionman »

Yep. The reeds were just so cheap i figured id try them out. im actually a little worried about the quality of the moose brand since ive never heard of their reeds. their other products are fine, though. they are extremely thin, about half the thickness of the reeds that are in my bike now! as to my idiocy in jetting: I put a 42 pilot and new plug in, and it ran like a champ for about a minute. Then it was back to bogging and smoking like a diesel. Found the plugs, removed them, cleaned the plug, and it runs like a crazed chimp. It's like a new bike, to be honest. I'm amazed at the amount of strong pull it has in the upper gears; when it feels to me like it'll flatten out it pulls like a missle. This kdx has become the favorite of the bikes I've owned or even ridden. Perfect, perfect bike. Torque of a modest 250, and over rev of a good 125. Awesome!
2002 KDX 200