took her for her first ride

Got questions? We got answers....
kpla51

took her for her first ride

Post by kpla51 »

so yesterday took her for her first real trail ride and it was great. only issue i had was the radiator cap came loose and what steaming and throwing up coolant everywhere but i tightened it back down. do any of you run engine ice or just regular coolant. my overflow tank has nothing in it now.
canamfan
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Re: took her for her first ride

Post by canamfan »

I use the engine ice coolant, I add coolant occassionaly to the resevoir. I do some slow first, second gear riding and it stays cool never boils over.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

I run regular coolant. I usually buy the 50/50 mix just for convenience. My overflow tank never has anything in it. It doesn't do a good job of holding fluid for a long period of time, but it will work as an overflow. As in, bike gets hot, pukes into overflow, cools down and sucks it back into the radiator. Any excess int the overflow tank is likely to get sloshed out though.
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Post by bufftester »

Before I hybridized my 220 motor (and after) I run the 50/50 stuff, works great and never had boil over issues. When I had an overflow tank it was always half full before and after a ride, never bothered to check during. Since building the hybrid I don't run an overflow tank, and have not lost coolant in 10+ rides so far, a few of them slow and technical in the mud and rocks, and a couple out in the desert high speed. I do flush my coolant system every year at the start of the season.