Trail Tech Vector

Got questions? We got answers....
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Trail Tech Vector

Post by K50X200 »

Does anyone on here use a Trail Tech Vector computer for dual sporting?
I'm not sure if I can set the odometer for the entire trip & measure the individual sections separately?
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe
SS109
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Trail Tech Vector

Post by SS109 »

Yeah, I run one and dualsport as well. You can set/reset the trip odometer whenever you want. What do you mean "sections"?
Youtube Channel: WildAzzRacing
AZ State Parks & Trails OHV Ambassador - Trail Riders of Southern AZ
Current KDX: '98 KDX220
Old KDX: '90 KDX200 -White/Blue
'11 GasGas EC250R
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Trail Tech Vector

Post by Actionman »

You're gonna laugh, but eBay has some bicycle computers that look almost like the expensive trail tech models. They do about a million different things, are backlit, and are adjustable for wheel sizes up to 26 inches. 12 bucks seems like a good price just to try em out; I'm ordering one Wednesday to see if I can make it work out. I'm making a mount from my stock odometer stalk, and I've fabbed a cable holder from an old yz250 brake cable slider. Ill post pics in a couple days when I get it in.
2002 KDX 200
bufftester
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Re: Trail Tech Vector

Post by bufftester »

No laughing, many of us have tried the old bike computer route. What you'll find is that they just aren't as durable, though you likely will get a season of riding out of it. I'm now running an ICO Checkmate, perfect for enduro racing for me, but I don't do any dualsporting
K50X200
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

Trail Tech Vector

Post by K50X200 »

SS109 wrote:Yeah, I run one and dualsport as well. You can set/reset the trip odometer whenever you want. What do you mean "sections"?
I was trying to use the resettable odo for the entire ride & didn't know if in the lap timer of the Vector if there was another odo I could reset for each section...
The Vector has an adjustable odo setting but, as it turns out, that resets everything! :?
So I guess the answer to my question is no... and yes I realize I could just write down my non-resettable odo reading at the beginning but that'd be too easy! :wink:
As far as what I meant by sections:
The dual sport we ran Sunday (PaTRA's 19th Annual Seven Mtns Dual Sport) told you to re-set back to zero after every option so that those that went thru the options & those that didn't would all be back to the same odo readings for the next section on the roll chart.
Didn't make any difference for me - the guys I was riding with were going so freakin' fast I had enough to do just to try and keep up - let alone look at and adjust a roll chart :lol:
"00 KDX200 - Baja Designs D/S Kit, '03 KLX300 Forks, KB5 Suspension Mods, Keihn 35 ASQV, Boyesen Rad Valve, Gnarly Woods Pipe
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Re: Trail Tech Vector

Post by Actionman »

bufftester wrote:No laughing, many of us have tried the old bike computer route. What you'll find is that they just aren't as durable, though you likely will get a season of riding out of it. I'm now running an ICO Checkmate, perfect for enduro racing for me, but I don't do any dualsporting
I order a $5 basic model and some surface mount mini led's so that I could add an ultra-low current draw backlight to it. I basically just need a speedo and a clock so that I don't have to take my phone outta my pocket every few minutes to look at the time. I figure for five buck and free shipping I can't go wrong for my application. A more serious rider might want a more robust computer, to be sure.
2002 KDX 200
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Trail Tech Vector

Post by pumpguy »

Could you post more details on the "$5 basic model"?

A product description and who sells it would be very helpful.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Trail Tech Vector

Post by Actionman »

pumpguy wrote:Could you post more details on the "$5 basic model"?

A product description and who sells it would be very helpful.
http://item.mobileweb.ebay.com/viewitem ... cmd=VIDESC this was five bucks. There are some $12 models with backlight and a few $16 waterproof and backlit models as well. The link is waterproof and a few tiny led's will add enough illumination to see at nite. If this one works ok, I'll splurge for a little fancier one. Like I said, a clock and speedo is all I need anyway. This one tells the temperature as well. Pretty cool, and if its junk I'm only out a fiver. No risk as far as I'm concerned.
2002 KDX 200