Old magazine tests website!

Got questions? We got answers....
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

www.davestestsandarticles.weebly.com. Is a neat site with a lot of tests from1980's and 1990's motocross mags, as well as a few tests of older Kdx models up to about 1993. I've sent in PDF copies of my old mags from the 80's and 90's and it would be cool if anyone with more recent Kdx tests could convert them to PDF and send them to Dave. He's a nice guy, and I think the nostalgia value alone is worth the minor effort of keeping that site alive. I've been reading the tests and reliving my 12 year old childhood. Good stuff! It's sad that there's not many resources like this available to people who threw away their old mags. What I'd give to have the ten years worth of max, dirt bike, and dirt rider mags I threw away in my foolishness!
2002 KDX 200
Thrahl

Re: Old magazine tests website!

Post by Thrahl »

Wow that's a really cool website. Reading through the KDX vs WR 200 article made me laugh.
Going on about how the KDX suspension was just right while the WR's was too soft :shock:, how the KDX's seat is too hard :lol:, and how the KDX's power band is a too peaky.
Opinions sure have changed a lot since then.
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

I've had so much fun reading those tests again. I feel like I'm 12 yrs old again, sitting in my room dog-earing the pages til the covers wore off. Now I'm 40 and I'm in my room holding my iPad :). My wife, who is 9 yrs younger, thinks I'm retarded. Mid-life crisis is a real thing, I tell her!
2002 KDX 200
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

Fun site.

My dad has boxes of 60s-era cycle magazines lying around. They're pretty entertaining to look through. Maybe I'll send some scans.
sarrant

Post by sarrant »

Just scanned some really old Green stuff:

sarrant

Post by sarrant »

Here's a blurb on Kawasaki as a new-to-the-market company. It also mentions the release of their 238 F-21M, the first production Japanese off-road racer:

Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

It would be great if someone with a test of he 95-200? Kdx200 and 220 would upload one to his site. I'm curious as to the reviews mine got. Btw: I rode my first extended woods ride today, and I am in disbelief at the capability of the kdx. I could lug it to the point if stalling, tap the clutch, and instantly torque out of anything. I'm impressed as heck at this little bike! If I'd had this kind of delivery of power when I owned my bikes I'd been in heaven. Awesome, awesome, bike :)
2002 KDX 200
kkim
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by kkim »

Actionman wrote:http://www.davestestsandarticles.weebly.com. Is a neat site with a lot of tests from1980's and 1990's motocross mags, as well as a few tests of older Kdx models up to about 1993. I've sent in PDF copies of my old mags from the 80's and 90's and it would be cool if anyone with more recent Kdx tests could convert them to PDF and send them to Dave. He's a nice guy, and I think the nostalgia value alone is worth the minor effort of keeping that site alive. I've been reading the tests and reliving my 12 year old childhood. Good stuff! It's sad that there's not many resources like this available to people who threw away their old mags. What I'd give to have the ten years worth of max, dirt bike, and dirt rider mags I threw away in my foolishness!

THANKS!!! :supz:
2017 Husqvarna FE250