Become a Supporting Member

Got questions? We got answers....
pumpguy
Gold Member
Gold Member

Become a Supporting Member

Post by pumpguy »

This is an appeal for ordinary members to become a Supporting Member.

Why should you do that? Well, first of all, you'll notice this site is not cluttered with annoying advertising. That's because donations from supporting members make it possible. Another benefit is supporting members can send and receive private messages through this website without needing to make posts that are of no interest to the general membership. Also, you get GOLD STARS under your username when you make a post. You a can add an avatar there too.

I may have missed other benefits, and if so, others please add.

Why am I making this appeal? Well, I have really benefited from this website and the work the administration has done to make it possible, and would like to see it continue to survive and grow. Also, I would like to be able to send and receive private messages to/from more members. And no, none of your contribution would go to me, and no one asked me to make this post.

As to the cost, well, think of it as a magazine subscription. How many bike magazines do you buy in a year or month? For the cost of about just one of those magazines, you can become a supporting member. I think it's real value for the money.
cragwl
Gold Member
Gold Member

Re: Become a Supporting Member

Post by cragwl »

What I do is, when I fix my moto with the help of kdxrider I donate. Way cheaper than my local shop. All the cash I save I put into making brew. :partyman:
In dog beers, I've only had one.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Post by Julien D »

Thanks! We do want to continue to offer KDXRIDER.NET as an ad-free resource. Benefits to supporting members, dependent on level, include:

Supporting members:
Private messaging

Premium features for gold/platinum members:
Image hosting provided by the site (no more photobucket/imageshack, etc)

This site is operated purely on a donation basis. In the very near future, we are going to have to move to a dedicated/VPS hosting solution, which is going to increase the hosting costs for the sites considerably. Donations are always needed, and appreciated!

Thank you all for your support!
Actionman
Supporting Member I
Supporting Member I

Post by Actionman »

I threw in a very small amount today, but I plan to make at least two donations a month. For me, I look at it as one pack of cigarettes I won't buy because that money is going into the kitty for this site. I've had a lot of fun reading the posts! Good stuff! As funds allow, I'll increase the amounts; it's worth whatever somebody can give for the info contained here. To me this is the very best model-specific bike site on the whole intertubes :)
2002 KDX 200