clutch pluger

Got questions? We got answers....
junkman

clutch pluger

Post by junkman »

hey guys, I have a kdx 200 89 I just redid everything and I was going to put the clutch back together and I have 2 thick washers were do they go? one goes behind the clutch basket I know that yes I have a manual but its not to clear because in a picture I see it behind the nut and when I put it between the basket and the pressure plate I think it was there is a huge gap like there needs to be 2 more plates also for the clutch plunger does there need to be a washer behind it because my book says if provided let me know if I got be more in depth of what im saying
rbates9
Supporting Member II
Supporting Member II

clutch pluger

Post by rbates9 »

On the plunger washers they are used to set the clutch arm angle. The arm that the cable connects to. If you look around in the manual you will find how to check it. But if you had one that is probably what you need. I would still check it.
Julien D
KDXRider.net
KDXRider.net

Re: clutch pluger

Post by Julien D »

For the two thick washers, I believe one goes behind the entire clutch, and one goes in the center of the outer basket and the inner basket/spring plate. Clear as mud? If you you have the factory service manual, check the pics on 5-9. It shows the location of the large washer inside the clutch. The other big washer should be behind the clutch, iirc. I agree, the manual is pretty skimpy on clutch assembly. As in, they left it completely out.
ICRage42
Supporting Member

clutch pluger

Post by ICRage42 »

indeed there myself
If you cant fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem.
junkman

Re: clutch pluger

Post by junkman »

ok it seems to work how I have it so ill put it in the bike and see what goes on... I rebuilt a blast and it had the 2 washers and one went behind the hole clutch and the other one went inside the basket (making a sandwich like) I don't no the right words to say but seem to be good and ill read in my book a little more I was in a hurry to get the clutch and clutch covers/ all bottom end together witch its never good to do but ill sit down and actually read the manual